New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 11/08/12
- Patriots-Bills Wednesday Injury Report.
- Press Conference: Bill Belichick (17.03 min. video) and Tom Brady (11.44 min. video)
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick and Vince Wilfork.
- Patriots Today - Communication is key for McCourty. (3.35 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Hernandez, Pats move it inside. (1.46 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Hear from Gronkowski, McCourty, Gregory, and more. (2.45 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Kraft honored in Washington, D.C. (2.22 min. video)
- Jeff Howe focuses on the Patriots versatility in the secondary, that keeps coaches like Chan Gailey guessing as to how their personnel will be used.
- Michael Whitmer reports Devin McCourty has been providing the Patriots a vocal, versatile defensive captain capable of making plays at multiple spots.
- Field Yates gets Devin McCourty's thoughts on the differences between CB and safety.
- Paul Kenyon observes that if there is one safe prediction for the Patriots in the second half of the season, it is that they will make some changes in their secondary.
- Mark Daniels notes Steve Gregory is getting close to a return and he's anxious to be back.
- Danny Picard reports Bill Belichick doesn't know exactly what New England will see Sunday, but knows the team will be ready to face Buffalo and whatever new wrinkles they have on defense.
- Glen Farley previews Patriots-Bills: The more things change, the more they stay the same.
- Mike Reiss notes Tom Brady gets taken for granted, but he's as good as he's ever been.
- Karen Guregian doesn't see Tom Brady's name on the lists of potential MVPs, but believes he'll be there when the dust settles - especially with the Bills, Colts and Fins on tap.
- Tom E. Curran points out the wild point swings in the past few Pats-Bills games and notes Tom Brady hopes the Pats don't dig themselves a hole this time.
- Mike Reiss highlights Bills WR Stevie Johnson's thoughts on Gronkowski, TD celebrations and more.
- Tony Massarotti declares that while he probably could execute better, Belichick is hardly overrated.
- Mark Farinella reports the players have come back from the bye "refreshed and renewed, or so they say."
- Mike Reiss lists the NFL ranking of total accepted penalties for all teams so far this year, with the Patriots ranked 11th best. The Bills are tied for seventh-fewest.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: The Patriots must beware of C.J. Spiller on Sunday, as the Bills RB has gotten back to full strength; Zoltan Mesko may not get a Pro Bowl nod since he doesn't get as many chances to punt as other punters do; Mesko knows it's more about the overall game, and what gives the team the best chance of winning than his stats; Asked yesterday if he watched any of Tuesday night’s election coverage, Belichick replied: "Just the final score."
- Greg Bedard and Jermaine Wiggins examine whether or not the Patriots can successfully block Buffalo DE Mario Williams. (2.45 min. video)
- Mike Rodak reports that neither of the team's two players on PUP, Myron Pryor and Jake Ballard, are eligible to return this season.
- Jordan Garretson, AP (Yahoo! Sports) Bills-Patriots Preview.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Fitzpatrick says he's the guy to turn things around.
- Around the League (NFL.com) Fearless NFL midway predictions.
- Mark Sessler (NFL.com) Rex Ryan of NY Jets responds to 'overrated' vote: "Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something."
- James Walker (ESPN) Do Bills have a chance against Patriots?
- Accuscore (ESPN) Video Report for Pats-Bills.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East blog midseason awards.
- John Clayton (ESPN) NFL musical midseason report: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3.
- Dan Parr (Pro Football Weekly) MVP Meter: Four-man race at midway point. Brady 6th.
- Staff Report (Sporting News) New England Patriots rated best NFL organization in poll of players.
VIEW FROM BUFFALO
- Jay Skurski (Buffalo News) Big plays lacking for Bills in toothless Wildcat.
- Chris Brown (BuffaloBills.com) Against Patriots it's all about the finish.
- Chris Brown (BuffaloBills.com) Pats 'D' the big pass play answer?
- Ben Austen (Grandland) The glorious plight of the Buffalo Bills. "It says a lot," a 25-year-old [Bills] fan reflected, "that the greatest moment in my life is a Week 3 win over New England."
- Sal Maiorana (Rochester Democrat & Chronicle) Leodis McKelvin gets another chance at cornerback with Buffalo Bills.
- Jerry Sullivan (Buffalo News) McKelvin hasn't turned the corner.
- get Brady "off his spot". (BuffaloBills.com) Q&A: Bills have to
- Keith Latta (Buffalo News) Commentary: Bills, Bulls need better coaching.