Kirby Lee-US PRESSWIRE
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 11/09/12
- Patriots-Bills Thursday Injury Report.
- Erik Scalavino reports Robert Kraft made a phone call to NASA astronaut Sunita Williams from the locker room to the International Space Station.
- Erik Scalavino shares his Thursday practice and locker room notes from Gillette.
- Patriots Today - Pats-Bills on tap for Sunday. (3.30 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Practice news and notes. (1 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Patriots home supremacy. (3.16 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Hernandez, Mayo and more. (4.03 min. video)
- Jeff Howe marvels that Vince Wilfork is forced to shed a minimum of a quarter ton of blockers on nearly every snap, and he still finds ways to blow up a play.
- Mark Farinella says the Patriots' defense is better than last year, but Wilfork and co. are aware of their tendency to allow big plays and are working to eliminate that.
- Mike Petraglia notes Bill Belichick warns team about 'sloppy' play against the Bills.
- Phil Perry reports the Patriots are focused on stopping C.J. Spiller and the Bills ground game.
- Mike Reiss, Mike Rodak and Field Yates try to guess the game plan the Patriots will use against the Bills.
- breaks down Pats-Bills. Bills are a team with nothing to lose, but is still no match for the Pats.
- Field Yates warns the Patriots need to beware of the Bills' special teams.
- the real problem with the Bills - and it isn't Mario Williams. It's their first down performances in the red zone and critical situations. sees
- Mark Daniels tells us why Rob Gronkowski is primed for a huge second half.
- Glen Farley notes Belichick's Patriots have traditionally saved their best for last in the regular season.
- Nick Underhill reports Bill Belichick believes Tom Brady, 35, keeps defying history by improving with age.
- Mike Petraglia tells us astronaut Sunita WIlliams is a huge fan of the Patriots and called from the International Space Station to talk to Rob Gronkowski.
- Michael Whitmer talks about Julian Edelman's search for his own role with the Patriots.
- CSNNE reports Aaron Hernandez says that now that he has a daughter, he'll have to make some changes in his life.
- Danny Picard notes Brandon Lloyd says he and Brady are still a work in progress.
- Christopher Price focuses on the shuffling secondary and how the Pats are seeking continuity along the back end.
- Steve Buckley writes about how accepting Devin McCourty is of moving between CB and safety and doing whatever is needed to help the team.
- Mark Daniels notes rookie CB Alfonzo Dennard credits his teammates for keeping him calm under pressure.
- Field Yates takes a look back at how Belichick's Pats fare after a bye week.
- Nick O'Malley gives us a glimpse into other potential playoff teams in the AFC: Indianapolis Colts.
- Kirk Minihane concludes Bill Belichick may be flawed but he's not even close to being overrated.
- Mike Reiss posts the transcript of his weekly online chat. Belichick likes the work ethic of this team.
- ESPNBoston's experts make their Sunday picks for Patriots-Bills.
- Jim Lazar is super stoked for Pats-Bills as he makes his Week 10 picks. Pats win 52-20.
- The Boston Globe scouts out the Patriots' remaining opponents.
- Michael Vega Patriots Notebook: Patriots are aware they have to stop the BIlls' ground game; Aaron Hernandez had the best birthday present ever, a baby daughter born on his 23rd birthday; Patriots held practice inside the Dana-Farber Field House in sweats and shells; Injury update.
- Karen Guregian tells us Brandon Lloyd was filmed jumping over a car that was traveling 35 miles per hour as part of a challenge by Mobile Technology’s company MobiSquad.
- Jill Radsken reports Julian Edelman, Brandon Lloyd and Zoltan Mesko attended a benefit for Children's Hospital.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Aaron Hernandez calls his status "game-time".
- Kennedy Ross (Cold Hard Football Facts) AFC East: Tom Brady and the Patriots start their run for the playoffs.
- James Walker (ESPN) Wes Welker is racking up the YAC.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Rested Gronkowski ready for another big second half.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots' new-look secondary could impact S Chung.
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) Will Aqib Talib trade turn into another bargain for Patriots' Bill Belichick?
- Howard Ulman, AP (Yahoo! Sports) Bills visit stadium where they've never won, hoping to stop slide.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) Title contenders. Patriots ranked 7th.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Week 10 cheat sheet. Pats over Bills 37-20.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) PFT's Week Ten picks. Both pick Pats over Bills.
- Expert Picks (CBS Sports) Week 10: Straight up. 8/8 experts pick the Pats to win.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) Week 10 Game Rankings.
- Around the League (NFL.com) Week 10 Picks. 5/5 pick the Pats to win.
VIEW FROM BUFFALO
- Bucky Gleason (Buffalo News) Ignoring stats won't solve Bills' problems.
- Rob Longley (Toronto Sun) New England Patriots' secondary a massive question.
- Sal Maiorana (Rochester Democrat & Chronicle) Buffalo Bills activate receiver Marcus Easley.
- Chris Brown (BuffaloBills.com) Stevie feeling good after Thursday's practice.