USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/10/12
- Patriots-Texans Saturday Injury Report.
- Kerry J. Byrne says the Patriots have what it takes to win the NFL's game of the year.
- Andy Hart posts a Texans edition of his Friday six-pack. This may be the biggest game of the season in the AFC.
- Andy Hart and Paul Perillo debate whether the Patriots should hold onto Wes Welker next year.
- Patriots Today - Vollmer preps for Watt. (2.23 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Almost perfect attendance. (1.13 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Mankins, Jones open up. (2.15 min. video)
- Mike Reiss offers some quick-hit weekend thoughts from the Patriots and around the NFL.
- Karen Guregian believes the Pats must get creative to move the chains and score on the Texans without Rob Gronkowski.
- Tom E. Curran presents his Patriots-Texans preview.
- Field Yates tells us five things to focus on Monday night. Focus? I'm supposed to focus today?
- Jeff Howe lists five keys to tonight's game, beginning with stopping Arian Foster.
- Christopher Price tells us ten things to know about Patriots-Texans. Patriots need to win the battle on first down. Prediction: Pats win 27-24.
- Gary Dzen examines Patriots-Texans and how the two teams match up.
- Mike Petraglia writes New England is big-game country, and in the span of six days the Patriots will host two of them.
- Jackie MacMullan points out Matt Schaub has excelled against the Patriots the two times he's faced them.
- Michael Whitmer believes the Texans' balanced offense is most responsible for Houston's 11-1 start.
- Chad Finn presents his unconventional preview: Patriots-Texans.
- Christopher Price says the Texans' play action wrinkles could look familiar to Patriots fans.
- Mark Farinella sees two well-balanced teams heading into tonight's showdown.
- Steve Buckley notes the Texans are looking to "arrive" tonight on the big Monday Night Football stage, and remembers when the Patriots were in their shoes.
- Gerry Callahan states the case for the Patriots to make an exception to their rules and break the bank for Wes Welker.
- Mark Daniels notes Wes Welker needs just 8 receptions to become the first player in NFL history with five 100-catch seasons.
- Shalise Manza Young says the numbers don't tell the whole tale: The Patriots defense is improving.
- Jeff Howe sees all signs pointing to rookie DE Chandler Jones' availability tonight.
- Jeff Howe notes Logan Mankins hasn't been able to shake away his list of injuries and is just trying to get healthy as soon as possible.
- Karen Guregian reports Troy Brown as some advice for Brandon Lloyd Monday night: "Show up".
- Michael Whitmer notes Trevor Scott was pleased to be able to make the most of his opportunity last week and hopes to keep contributing.
- Mark Daniels spotlights how Ryan Wendell continues to defy doubters as he makes his mark as a starter.
- Field Yates reports the Ravens loss clears a path for the Pats to get a bye.
- Kirk Minihane doesn't know what CBS was thinking when it chose (yes, chose) to air the Chargers-Steelers game locally, over Ravens-Redskins.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Arian Foster is eager to face the Pats 'D'; Bill Belichick said Tom Brady is "on top of everything" in his preparation for the Texans, after the birth of his daughter; Kevin Faulk was a surprise guest at Saturday's practice; Faulk continues to be a leader for the Pats' current group of backs; Rob Gronkowsko was the lone Patriot to be ruled out for the game.
- Boston Globe Patriots Notebook: Chandler Jones sounds more hopeful than Logan Mankins about playing; Pats have won four straight Monday night games, the last loss in New Orleans in 2009.
- Dennis Dillon (SI) Game of Week 14: Texans-Patriots.
- Staff Report (ESPN Stats & Information) Patriots-Texans: Playing the percentages.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Key matchup: Texans running game vs. Patriots run defense.
- Mike Tirico (ESPN) Monday Night Football preview. (1.40 min. video)
- Kerry J. Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts TV) Game of the Week: Texans vs. Patriots (6.15 min. video).
- MNF Interview (ESPN) Tom Brady, family man. (2.24 min. video)
- Kareem Copeland (NFL.com) NFL competition committee to look at kickoff changes.
- David DeChant (Pro Football Weekly) Friday's 60-second rant: How dangerous is Denver?
VIEW FROM HOUSTON
- Lance Zierlein (Houston Chronicle) Know Your Enemy – A Scouting Report on the Patriots.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) Texans guide to the game against the Patriots.
- James Flynt (Houston Chronicle) Texans vs Pats – A critical game…unless it isn’t…
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) Watt reaching new altitude with superb season.
- Tania Ganguli (Houston Chronicle) Texans don letterman jackets to celebrate a high-school-like spirit.
- Nick Scurfield (HoustonTexans.com) Texans wear letterman jackets on trip to New England.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) Concussion will keep Texans TE Graham sidelined against Patriots.