New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/11/12
- Post Game Notes: Patriots vs. Texans. Records set, milestones reached and trends continued.
- Erik Scalavino concludes Houston can't live up to the hype in a 42-14 blowout loss to New England.
- Post Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (6.11 min. video), Tom Brady (7.40 min. video) and Jerod Mayo (3.01 min. video).
- Post Game Quotes: Patriots and Texans.
- Patriots Today - Patriots stomp Texans. (3.11 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Pats react to victory over Houston. (3.20 min. video)
- Jeff Howe notes the Texans statement game turned into the Patriots' coronation as the conference's most worthy Super bowl contender.
- Ron Borges says this was just the kind of game Brady revels in, especially in light of the Texans' hype.
- Mike Reiss gives us his initial reaction after the Patriots 42-14 victory over the Houston Texans.
- Shalise Manza Young recaps Monday night's ripping of the Houston Texans on national TV.
- Christopher Price tells us ten things we learned from last night's rout. The Patriots have a championship defense.
- Tom E. Curran presents his Patriots-Texans preview-review, after the win.
- Zuri Berry posts five takeaways from Patriots-Texans.
- Karen Guregian points out the Patriots defenders were put to the test and showed the NFL they are championship-caliber.
- Kirk Minihane believes the Patriots are once again, the NFL's best team.
- Greg A. Bedard reports DE J.J. Watt was held sackless and without a tackle for a loss for just the second time all season.
- Mike Reiss makes the case for Tom Brady as MVP, after watching his emotion and leadership on display against the Texans.
- Michael Whitmer notes that once again, Tom Brady gives an MVP performance and shines on a Monday night.
- Jackie MacMullan sees the Patriots' defense rounding into form when it counts, under the leadership of Vince Wilfork.
- Tom E. Curran sees the Patriots building toward a crescendo, keeping what works and throwing out what doesn't.
- Chad Finn notes Gary Kubiak sounded more impressed than frustrated after watching the Patriots put on an offensive clinic.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Donte Stallworth made a big 63-yard score in his first game back with the team; Brandon Bolden returned to the field on kickoff coverage and at RB with QB Ryan Mallett in the final minutes of the game; Logan Mankins made his return as part of a line that only allowed Brady to be sacked once; Both starting CBs, Aqib Talib (hip injury) and Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring) left the game with injuries.
- Dan Ventura describes the Patriots' honoring of Matt Light during halftime, and shares some of Light's reaction afterward.
- Mark Daniels gives his Best and Worst of Texans-Patriots.
- Mike Reiss picks his 3 Up and 3 Down from Monday's win.
- Mary Paoletti posts her Patriots-Texans superlatives.
- NFL Game Center - Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots. Recap, stats, analysis and highlight videos.
- Don Banks (SI) AFC-leading Texans make weak statement in blowout loss to Pats.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) Pats remind Texans who's boss in AFC, look like Super Bowl favorites.
- Barry Wilner, AP (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots rout Texans in key AFC matchup.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Tom Brady, New England Patriots are peaking -- again.
- Sean Deveney (Sporting News) Patriots vs. Texans: Brady shows Houston who's still in charge in AFC.
- Staff Report (ESPN Stats & Information) Six stats that tell the story of Patriots' win.
- Gallery (Fox Sports) Five keys to the Patriots' win against the Texans.
- Brian McIntyre (Yahoo! Sports) Patriots make a statement with Monday night’s 42-14 blowout of the Texans.
- Sean Deveney (Sporting News) Patriots vs. Texans: New England in accustomed role, Super Bowl contender, after slow start.
- Curtis Crabtree (ProFootballTalk) Patriots make statement in blowout win over Texans.
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) Tom Brady is latest elite passer to expose fraudulent Texans pass defense.
- Curtis Crabtree (ProFootballTalk) Patriots happy to spoil Texans "biggest game in franchise history'.
- Dan Hanzus (NFL.com) Houston Texans let doubt creep in after loss to Patriots.
- Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) Texans get a lesson in 'what it takes'.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Tom Brady: I'm no RG3, but I can run for a first down.
- Will Brinson (CBS Sports) NFL Grades, Week 14: Should we be scared of the Ravens? Patriots get an A.
- Jen Floyd Engle (Fox Sports) Don't forget about Brady for MVP.
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots are the new Super Bowl favorites.
VIEW FROM HOUSTON
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) Painful loss leaves Texans with a lot to digest.
- Nick Scurfield (HoustonTexans.com) Texans lose 42-14 to Patriots at New England.
- Jose de Jesus Ortiz (Houston Chronicle) Patriots give Texans second loss in rout.
- Seth Lakso (Houston Chronicle) Pats’ Lloyd quiets critics with his quarterback’s help.
- Jason Mastrodonato (Houston Chronicle) Big problems against Patriots’ defense.
- Tania Ganguli (Houston Chronicle) Defense no match for Patriots’ Brady.
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) Five things we learned about the Texans.