I love a smiling Brandon Lloyd - Michael Ivins-USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/12/12
- Game Preview - Patriots vs. 49ers. Broadcast info, series history, team connections and more.
- Paul Perillo tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: Stepping up.
- Patriots announced today that WR Donte’ Stallworth has been placed on IR with an ankle injury. In addition, TE Visanthe Shiancoe has been released.
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick - Josh McDaniels - Matt Patricia.
- Patriots Today - Children's holiday party a hit. (2.39 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Back with his teammates. (1.52 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Brady for MVP? (3.02 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Inside the winning locker room. (1.48 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Rocking out Gillette. (2.07 min. video)
- December is all about focus, attention to detail and awareness. emphasizes that no matter what a teams' record is or stats are,
- Mike Rodak examines the decision-making on Shiancoe.
- Tom E. Curran puts in his two cents on Tuesday's surprising roster moves.
- Field Yates notes practice paid off for the Patriots, in stalling J.J. Watt.
- Tom E. Curran reports Josh McDaniels reamed out his offense for missed assignments and avoidable errors during the game.
- Tim Britton credits the Patriots O-line for the role it played in the blowout of the Texans.
- Jeff Howe reports how the Aqib Talib acquisition opens up the options on defense.
- Jeff Howe looks at the receivers the Patriots will face in the next three weeks and the potential plan to defend them.
- Luke Hughes asserts Vince Wilfork deserves Defensive Player of the Year consideration, even if impact can't be summed up in statistics.
- Bill Reynolds focuses on how it's too easy to take Brady for granted.
- Steve Buckley says the hyped Texans were just no match for the Patriots and their cool QB.
- Tim Britton reports Bill Belichick had high praise for the work of his scout team.
- Field Yates writes Tom Brady is not focused on the MVP award.
- Zuri Berry evaluates this year's candidates for NFL MVP.
- Jeff Howe highlights Tom Brady's conversation on WEEI the morning after the win against Houston.
- Mike Reiss looks at the snaps played by the offensive skill-position players, noting Donte Stallworth chipped in with 20 out of 73.
- Christopher Price tracks the opportunities in the Patriots passing game. Welker still leads by far.
- Christopher Price lists the offensive opportunities for the skill position players through 13 games.
- Mike Reiss tallies the snaps played by Patriots defenders in the win. Chandler Jones was eased back into the mix with 41 of 70.
- Christopher Price charts which NE defenders have done the best job of getting after the QB this season. Ninko still leads in sacks and hits.
- Mike Reiss takes a look at the positional groupings utilized by the Patriots in Week 14. It wouldn't be a surprise if the Pats bring in another WR.
- Mike Reiss updates base vs. sub defensive stats following the win in Foxboro.
- Mike Reiss breaks down the Patriots special teams personnel. Arrington's role has grown.
- Chad Finn says the AFC road to the Super Bowl will go through Foxborough. Again.
- Greg Payne reports Doc Rivers gushes over the Patriot Way.
- Doug Kyed posts a pic of Rajon Rondo rocking a Wes Welker jersey on the sideline of Monday night's game.
- Zuri Berry reports Jerod Mayo was racing around Boston Tuesday doing 12 random acts of kindness for Subway.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly reader mailbag: Positive vibes after impressive MNF performance.
- Ron Borges pulls out the smiley-face stickers for his Week 14 Report Card.
- Andy Gresh grades the Patriots in his Week 14 Report Card.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Patriots move Donte Stallworth to IR and re-sign Deion Branch; McCourty's confidence has grown with time at the safety position; Veteran safety Steve Gregroy helps him out; Good news for Alfonzo Dennard, who left the game with a hamstring injury that's all good now.
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots' dominance by the numbers.
- Patriots-Texans: Breaking down McCourty"s INT. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday Edition: Texans, Falcons ugly losses give Super Bowl race wide-open feel.
- James Walker (ESPN) Week 14 knee-jerk reactions.
- Michael Lombardi (NFL.com) J.J. Watt, Houston Texans show they need an early lead to win.
- Chris Burke (SI) NFL playoff picture, Week 15.
- Adam Schein (NFL.com) Super Bowl XLVII: Separating the contenders from pretenders.
VIEW FROM SAN FRANCISCO
- Daniel Brown (San Jose Mercury News) 49ers get TV glance of Patriots' firepower.
- Alex Espinoza (49ers.com) 49ers prepare for up-tempo Patriots.
- comfortable in 'Pistol' offense. (49ers.com) 49ers