Stew Milne-USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/13/12.
- Patriots-49ers Wednesday injury Report.
- Tom Brady named AFC Offensive Player of the Week; Earns honor for NFL-record 23rd time.
- Patriots record second-highest Monday Night Football rating in franchise history.
- Press Conferences: Bill Belichick (13.48 min. video) and Tom Brady (10.45 min. video).
- Patriots Today - Top 12 for 12. (5.05 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Branching out. (1.28 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Setting the Wednesday scene. (3.52 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Ninkovich, McCourty talk 49ers. (2.17 min. video)
- Karen Guregian notes Tom Brady was so successful on one play-action fake that Stevan Ridley got tackled by a Texans' linebacker.
- Greg A. Bedard calls Tom Brady the difference between the Patriots being contenders and pretenders.
- Christopher Price shares one NFL scout's breakdown of Patriots-Niners. Worth a read.
- Field Yates helps us get to know the 49ers, and which players to watch for.
- Field Yates tells us how Colin Kaepernick presents a new challenge for the Patriots with his unique athleticism.
- Christopher Price feels the Randy Moss who will face the Patriots Sunday night isn’t the same guy who left New England two-plus years ago.
- Christopher Price notes Randy Moss still has a lot of love for the Patriots but doesn't want to get into comparing the two organizations.
- Tom E. Curran notes Colin Kaepernick has shown two of the qualities Belichick stresses -- accuracy and good decision-making.
- Tom E. Curran writes about Tom Brady's early preparation for the 49ers.
- Christopher Price spends time deconstructing the myth of the Patriots and their easy schedule.
- D.J. Bean says Troy Brown is right: Bill Belichick doesn't let his former stars beat him.
- Jeff Howe looks forward to ex-Pat Randy Moss returning to New England, and so do his former teammates.
- Shalise Manza Young reports the Patriots play their best in December.
- Mark Daniels says that for Trevor Scott, this season has been all about patience - and now it's paying off.
- Mike Reiss takes a look at the weekly stat check, while including the San Francisco 49ers for comparison.
- Mike Reiss updates this week's penalty watch, while noting Matthew Slater drew a holding penalty as the result of his effectiveness as a gunner.
- Field Yates passes along some picked-up pieces from Patriots-Texans. Aaron Hernandez is starting to look like his healthy self.
- Mike Reiss catches us up with former Patriots and how they're doing on their new teams.
- Ricky Doyle hears Celtic Jason Terry call Doc Rivers the 'Bill Belichick' of basketball, and wonder if he is 'stealing things' from the Pats coach.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: OLB Aldon Smith poses a problem for NE, with a league-high 19.5 sacks so far this season; Rob Gronkowski (ankle) and Kyle Love (birth of his first son) were the only players to miss practice Wed.; Belichick spoke glowingly of Doc Rivers, who hung out on the Pats sideline before Monday night's win.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk0 Deion Branch is back with the Patriots.
- James Walker (ESPN) Next up for Patriots: Blocking Aldon Smith.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Tom Brady wins record 23rd player of the week award.
- James Walker (ESPN) Examining the Rob Gronkowski dilemma.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) MVP forecast: Tom Brady passes Peyton Manning.
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Andrew Luck deserve awards.
- Stephen Stone (Cold Hard Football facts) 12-12-12: No. 12 rules the Super Bowl.
- Kennedy Ross (Cold Hard Football Facts) AFC Beast: Tom Brady, Patriots defense destroy Texans.
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots lead AFC East in Pro Bowl voting.
- Sound FX (NFL.com) Best Week 14 sounds. (4.11 min. video) Pats included in the mix.
- Staff Report (NFL.com) 10 mind-blowing stats for Week 15 in the NFL. Patriots have scored more points in their last five games (210) than the Cardinals (186) and Chiefs (195) have scored all season.
- Brian Billick (Fox Sports) Resting players a balancing act in NFL.
- Dave Dameshek (NFL.com) The Shame Report: Week 14. (4.43 min. video)
Video (NFL.com) Thursday night football: Top 10 plays of the season. What, no Pats-Jets action???
VIEW FROM SAN FRANCISCO
- Alex Espinoza (49ers.com) Kaepernick growing with experience.
- Matthew Barrows (Sacramento Bee) Kaepernick knows all about rough weather.
- Matthew Barrows (Sacramento Bee) Heavy metal: Can 49ers nickel defense thwart red-hot Brady?
- Steve Corkran (San Jose Mercury News) 49ers: Randy Moss will be needed in return to New England.
- Cam Inman (San Jose Mercury News) Moss speaks about Patriots, returning to place he once called home.
- Alex Espinoza (49ers.com) Randy Moss ready for familiar foe.
- Cam Inman (San Jose Mercury News) Patriots' Tom Brady familiar with role San Francisco 49ers' Colin Kaepernick is playing.
- Carlos Rogers discusses Welker matchup. (49ers.com)
- Cam Inman (San Jose Mercury News) Bill Belichick has praise for 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh.