Woodhead was Mr. Reliable of the RBs Sunday - USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/17/12
- Post Game Notes - Patriots vs. 49ers. Milestones reached, records set, and trends continued.
- Erik Scalavino sees a silver lining in New England's 41-34 loss to San Francisco. No one quit when they were down.
- Post Game Quotes: Patriots and 49ers.
- Post Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (6 min. video) and Tom Brady (5.37 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Not their night. (2.47 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Pats thoughts after loss to SF. (3.15 min. video)
- Shalise Manza Young reports the Patriots clawed back from a four-TD hole against the 49ers, but couldn't complete their comeback.
- Jeff Howe recaps the wild, wet game last night that had the Patriots 4th-quarter rally doused by the 49ers.
- Karen Guregian writes Tom Brady almost pulls it off.
- Greg A. Bedard says, 'I told you so', and hopes this is a lesson learned for the Patriots defense.
- Mike Reiss gives us his initial reaction to the Pats loss to the 49ers, and sees their hopes for a 1st-round bye take a major hit.
- Christopher Price tells us what we learned: If Sunday was a prelude to a Super Bowl matchup, the Patriots have work to do.
- Luke Hughes reports the Patriots finally find their Super Bowl formula despite the loss, with a resilient comeback against the 49ers.
- Ron Borges doesn't see any moral victory here; the Patriots forgot who they were in the ring with.
- Field Yates figures the Patriots no longer control their own destiny.
- Christopher Price resets the AFC playoff picture.
- Kirk Minihane states Bill Belichick absolutely made the right call on fourth down.
- Field Yates reports Wes Welker became the first player in NFL history with five seasons of 100 or more catches.
- Mike Petraglia reports Tom Brady 'had a feeling we'd be able to come back.'
- Field Yates notes how Brandon Lloyd is emerging as a huge contributor.
- Michael Whitmer focuses on the Patriots offense turning the ball over a season-high four times.
- Mike Rodak sees last night's loss as a reminder of how turnovers take away a chance at victory.
- ESPN Stats & Information offers a few statistical takeaways from the Patriots' 41-34 loss to to the Niners.
- Mike Reiss looks at the snaps played by the offensive skill-position players while analyzing what it means.
- Mark Daniels picks the Best & Worst of Patriots vs. 49ers.
- Mike Reiss looks at which players were Up and which were Down from last night's loss.
- NFL Game Center - San Francisco 49ers vs. New England Patriots. Recap, stats, analysis and highlights.
- Chris Burke (SI) Colin Kaepernick helps 49ers withstand frantic Patriots rally on Sunday night.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) San Francisco 49ers respond, tip New England Patriots.
- Dan Hanzus (NFL.com) New England Patriots' playoff-bye hopes take beating.
- Sean Deveney (Sporting News) 49ers' Kaepernick brings down Patriots with poised, uncomplicated style.
- Brandon Burnett (Cold Hard Football Facts) 49ers, Seahawks flex muscles on the road.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Niners' win helps league office.
- AP Report (Fox Sports) 49ers thwart Patriots' comeback bid.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) NFL morning after: Statement Sunday - or was it?
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Week 15 Rewind: Contenders stumble in Showdown Sunday.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Week 15 Judgments: Broncos, not Texans, clearly team to beat in AFC.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Four NFL playoff contenders exposed in Sunday losses.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Top 10 takeaways from NFL Week 15.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) NFL playoff picture: Sputtering Bears, Steelers face must-win games.
- CBS Sports NFL 2012 Playoff Picture: View the NFL playoff seeds and scenarios.
- Tom Danyluk (Pro Football Weekly) Interference ... due to interference: Cheap Pass Interference calls have to go.