USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/18/12
- Erik Scalavino shares the mood of the locker room on post-Niners Monday.
- Conference Call Transcript: Bill Belichick.
- Patriots Today - Ridley me this. (3.23 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Gut check night for the Patriots. (3.40 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Ninkovich chats on Monday. (3.04 min video)
- DJ Bean tells us where Brandon Lloyd's performance ranks in the Tom Brady era.
- Pats need to wash off the loss, and says the practice players will be key to a quick recovery. invokes the Ray Zalinsky methodology for the
- Gerry Callahan says the Patriots lost, but showed there's no stopping Tom Brady & Co.
- Mark Daniels likes the resiliency the Pats showed that could help come playoff time.
- Field Yates believes the Patriots still have plenty to be optimistic about.
- Tony Massarotti can't wait to tell us how the Patriots got what they deserved Sunday night vs. the 49ers.
- Nick Underhill notes Belichick still isn't pleased with how his team performed after watching the tape.
- Christopher Price reports Bill Belichick says his players 'fought hard and competed well, but it just wasn't good enough.'
- Chad Finn is fervently hoping the Patriots and Niners meet again.
- Shalise Manza Young reports the Patriots lose their grip on the No. 2 seed in the AFC.
- Jeff Howe points out the Patriots' drama-filled loss to the 49ers began and ended with special teams blunders.
- Jeff Howe takes a hard look at the poor performance on special teams Sunday.
- Field Yates notes Tom Brady was confident even when trailing by 28.
- Field Yates re-watches Sunday night's game and passes along some picked up notes and observations: First half and Second half.
- Mike Reiss looks at the snaps played by Patriots defenders from Sunday. Chandler Jones was kept on the sideline for six drives after the 9-yard TD run by Frank Gore.
- Mike Reiss finds that what made Sunday night so different was that the Patriots were beaten in their base defense.
- Mike Reiss analyzes the positional groupings utilized by the Pats against the 49ers.
- Mike Reiss spotlights the special teams breakdowns that let the Patriots down Sunday night.
- day-after Patriots chat. posts the transcript of his weekly
- ESPN Stats & Information shows the Patriots are riding the win-probability roller coaster.
- Field Yates relays Bill Belichick's explanation of the Ed Hochuli's call from Sunday.
- Ron Borges grades the Patriots in his Week 15 Report Card. Mental and physical errors on special teams cost them.
- Mike Rodak issues his Week 15 Report Card.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Players were still ripe with frustration and anger in a quiet locker room yesterday; Rob Gronkowski adn Alfonzo Dennard were both seen in the locker room Monday, which showed positive signs; Brandon Bolden is ready for his next chance with the ball, as Danny Woodhead got the second-half snaps Sunday.
- James Walker (ESPN) Seven-step drop: Can Patriots trust Ridley?
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) AFC East spin cycle: Pats stumble, Dolphins hanging on.
- Scott Kacsmar (Cold Hard Football Facts) Captain Comeback Week 15: 49ers and Patriots play NFL's game of the year.
- James Walker (ESPN) QBR: Ryan Tannehill beats Tom Brady.
- Doug Farrar (Yahoo! Sports) Snap decisions: 6 in :60 with Rodney Harrison.
- Rivers McCown (Football Outsiders) Audibles at the line: Week 15.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: Some statement Week 15 wins, but playoff chase still a tangled mess.
- Brian Billick (Fox Sports) Week 15: Texans, Packers step up in big games to clinch divisions.
- Joe Fortenbaugh (Nat'l Football Post) We recommend some holiday gift ideas for NFL coaches, front office execs and players.
- Pat Kirwan (CBS Sports) Sunday six: Harbaughs' tough calls and second-year QBs make noise.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) John Fox: Resting Peyton Manning 'not been an option'.