Deion "Super Bowl MVP" Branch has some fond memories of Jacksonville - David Butler II-USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/21/12
- Patriots-Jaguars Thursday Injury Report.
- Erik Scalavino shares his practice and locker room notes from Thursday at Gillette - the second straight day of an outdoors shells-and-helmets practice.
- Patriots Today - Brady, Gronk practice on Thursday. (1.50 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Rookies face off on NFL stage. (2.53 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Getting to know "Hoo-Man". (3.02 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Welker, Wilfork and more. (2.47 min. video)
- breaks down Patriots-Jaguars and says the Pats may want to remember that the Jags have something to prove.
- no such thing as a throwaway game. reminds fans that to players, there's
- Jim Donaldson asserts the Patriots still hold destiny in their own hands.
- Jeff Howe reports the defense took a step backward vs. the Niners, but the Patriots believe they are correctable mistakes.
- Christopher Price does some more mythbusting as the Patriots head into this week's matchup with the Jaguars.
- Shalise Manza Young says Justin Francis was credited with four tackles against the 49ers - a lot of production for just 21 snaps.
- Mark Daniels notes that for Deion Branch, the Jaguars stadium holds some sentiment.
- Mike Reiss posts the transcript of his weekly online chat.
- Mike Reiss continues to monitor the trend of Tom Brady and the shotgun snap.
- Mike Reiss sits down with tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, weighs in on Rob Gronkowski's potential return, and much more. (4.44 min. video)
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Three players led their positions in fan Pro Bowl voting: Gronkowski, Mankins and Mayo. Brady was second behind Peyton; Brady's right shoulder has been removed from the injury report; Mayo and Mesko received the 2012 NFLPA PULSE Award for community service above and beyond; Belichick tends to "dial back the enjoyment level" of the week's practice following a game high in turnovers.
- Mike from Attleboro writes a guest column for CSNNE where he puts Peyton Manning at the top of his list of athletes he enjoys watching fail the most.
- Jim Lazar goes Rockin' around the NFL, bringing gifts to the coach and players, as he makes his Week 16 Picks. Pats win 37-13.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Dashon Goldson fined $21K for hit on Aaron Hernandez.
- John Parolin (ESPN Stats & Information) Three-point stance: Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Countdown Daily (ESPN) Patriots-Jaguars preview. (1 min. video)
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Quarterback power rankings: The big three dominate.
- Dan Graziano and James Walker (ESPN) Road to the Superdome - Patriots. (4.50 min. video)
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Rex defers comment on Vick, but not on Brady.
- Joel Corry (Nat'l Football Post) Which teams devote the most cap room to their starters?
- Don Banks (SI) My favorite NFL stories of 2012.
- Alex Gelhar (NFL.com) 7 signs of the Mayan apocalypse from the 2012 NFL season.
- NFL stars & Talent (NFL.com) The 12 Days of Pigskin. (3.46 min. video) Willie McGinest in there "Ten ten-win seasons"
- Total Access (NFL.com) Top 10 iconic NFL images. (2.32 min. video)
- Peter King (SI) Weekend pickoff: Week 16. Pats over Jaguars 40-12.
- Elliot Harrison (NFL.com) Week 16 predictions. Pats win 38-17.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Week 16 storylines: Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson square off.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Week 16 cheat sheet. Pats, Jags 38-14.
- Ian Rapoport (NFL.com) 49ers-Seahawks, Bengals-Steelers, Vikings-Texans top Week 16.
- Experts (CBS Sports) NFL Week 16 Picks, straight up. All eight pick Pats to win.
VIEW FROM JACKSONVILLE
- John Oehser (Jaguars.com) Fabulous four: Jaguars vs. Patriots.
- Vito Stellino (Florida Times-Union) Tom Brady won third Super Bowl in Jacksonville, hasn't won one since.
- Vito Stellino (Florida Times-Union) Maybe the Jaguars need to try to get in a shootout with Tom Brady.
- Ryan O'Halloran (Florida Times-Union) WR Cecil Shorts has Bill Belichick's attention.
- Vito Stellino (Florida Times-Union) Mularkey says Maurice Jones-Drew is still questionable for Sunday but he is encouraged after MJD ran for second day.
- John Oehser (Jaguars.com) LB Daryl Smith prepares for return.
John Oehser (Jaguars.com) Inside the Jaguars: Bright spots. (2.52 min. video)