Melina Vastola-USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/24/12
- Post Game Notes: Patriots vs. Jaguars. Records set, milestones reached and trends continued.
- Erik Scalavino wasn't surprised this was a 'let-down' game for the Patriots after the last two emotional prime-time games against top conference teams.
- Post Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (3.48 min. video), Tom Brady (2.02 min. video) and Vince Wilfork (6.10 min. video)
- Post Game Quotes: Patriots and Jaguars.
- Patriots Today - Final thoughts from Jacksonville. (3.26 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Patriots chat about win. (2.36 min. video)
- Shalise Manza Young recaps how the Patriots claimed a 23-16 win Sunday in a game that went down to the wire.
- Mike Reiss gives us his initial reaction to Patriots 23, Jaguars 16 and what the win means.
- Christopher Price tells us what we learned Sunday: In the end, it'll always come down to Tom Brady.
- Jeff Howe hears the Patriots dwell on the negatives after narrowly escaping with a win.
- Greg A. Bedard reports the Patriots offense hit the skids, but feels they can rebound.
- Karen Guregian focuses on the struggling offense and the red flags that provide reason for concern.
- Ron Borges picks up on Tom Brady's post game comment, "We didn't compete" and considers all that was meant by those three words.
- Field Yates notes Brady's biggest issue were the 'self-inflicted errors' on offense.
- Jeff Elliot spotlights Wes Welker's record-setting 10-catch performance in Jacksonville.
- Mike Reiss notes that if the Jaguars scored on their final possession at the end of regulation, they were going for the 2-point conversion.
- Michael Whitmer finds that when it matters most, the Patriots' defense is just good enough.
- Mike Petraglia notes Vince Wilfork drew an unnecessary roughness penalty for sticking up for his teammate, after Trevor Scott was hit from behind and knocked face first into the ground.
- Tom E. Curran looks at the two big penalties on Vince Wilfork and Patrick Chung, and some questionable decision-making by Chung.
- Tom E. Curran tries to make sense of where everyone stands in the NFL and finds game-to-game momentum means nothing.
- Field Yates explains how the Patriots could end up being any of the top four seeds in the AFC.
- Mike Reiss tallies the snaps played by the offensive skill-position players, and analyzes what it means. Michael Hoomanawanaui has seen his snap-count rise.
- Mike Reiss looks at the snaps played by defenders yesterday, noting eight was enough for Aqib Talib.
- Christopher Price tells us what went right and what went wrong as the Patriots hang on to beat the Jaguars.
- Zuri Berry gives us five takeaways from Patriots-Jaguars, a game you wouldn't know the Pats had won judging by the mood of the team.
- Mike Reiss picks his Ups & Downs for the Patriots.
- The Herald Staff posts the Best & Worst from Pats-Jags.
- Mary Paoletti chooses some superlatives from Patriots-Jaguars.
- NFL Game Center - New England Patriots vs. Jacksonville Jaguars. Recap, stats, analysis and highlights.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) If Patriots keep this up, they will be one and done in playoffs.
- David Whitley (Sporting News) When Tom Brady gets concerned, it's time for Patriots to worry.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Patriots slog through hard-fought win in Jacksonville.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) New England Patriots maintain hope for playoff bye.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) AFC playoff picture: Houston Texans under pressure.
- Report (NFL.com) Playoff Picture: If the season ended today.
- Don Banks (SI) Week 16 Snap Judgments.
- NFL Week 16: Russell Wilson continues to impress. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Chris Burke (SI) First down, Fourth down: Week 16.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Top 10 takeaways from NFL Week 16.
VIEW FROM JACKSONVILLE
- Ryan O'Halloran (Florida Times-Union) Victory remains out of reach for Jaguars.
- Gene Frenette (Florida Times-Union) Jaguars snatch another defeat from victory.
- John Oehser (Jaguars.com) Jaguars fall just short against Patriots.
- John Oehser (Jaguars.com) Fighting to the finish.
- Gary Smits (Florida Times-Union) Not a Brady-like game for Patriots quarterback.
- Vito Stellino (Florida Times-Union) Missed chances: Jaguars inside the Pats 25 seven times, scored one touchdown.
- John Oehser (Jaguars.com) Patriots 23, Jaguars 16: An insightful look at the key points.
- Vito Stellino (Florida Times-Union) Jaguars coach Mike Mularkey goes to bat for players.