USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/26/12
- Game Preview: Patriots vs. Dolphins. Broadcast info, series history, team connections and more.
- The NFL announced Sunday's Patriots-Dolphins game has been flexed to a 4:25pm start.
- Erik Scalavino notes the Patriots are prepping for the Dolphins with an eye on potential playoff opponents.
- The Patriots released WR Kamar Aiken and RB James Develin from the 53-man roster and WR Tony Logan and OL Jeremiah Warren from the practice squad.
- Erik Scalavino tackles this week's Ask PFW mailbag: Regular season finale edition. What's up with the offense?
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick - Josh McDaniels - Matt Patricia.
- Patriots Today - Ridley continues to run. (1.38 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Picturing the playoffs. (2.01 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Ups and downs for defense. (3.31 min. video)
- Jeff Howe assesses where the Patriots are right now, and doesn't see a team that's playoff-ready.
- The Herald Staff examines the flaws exposed on the Patriots during their game in Jacksonville, that would spell trouble against tougher teams.
- Karen Guregian ranks the Patriots' possible playoff opponents in order of which one's the scariest.
- a terrific explanation of how 'seemingly well-meaning but hopelessly ignorant' the defenseless receiver rule is. has
- Michael Whitmer reports Stevan Ridley remained the feature back Sunday, showing the team's confidence in him despite his recent fumbles.
- Paul Kenyon spotlights how the youth movement on the Patriots has had a positive impact on the team.
- Mark Daniels notes Bill Belichick had praise for his defense, making plays and getting stops when they needed to.
- Mark Daniels notes the Patriots coaching staff lauds Devin McCourty and his team-first attitude.
- Tom E. Curran sees more questions as the Patriots' game-to-game play varies.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly reader mailbag: Let's put the Jags behind and figure out this playoff puzzle.
- Christopher Price charts the offensive opportunities for the Pats' skill position players.
- Christopher Price looks at the target breakdown for the passing game through 15 games.
- Christopher Price tells us which Pats defenders have done the best job of getting after the QB so far this year.
- Christopher Price tracks the Pats' penalties for the season by player, position and which penalties are being called on them the most.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Tom Brady has been sacked six times and hit 16 times in two weeks; Brady believes all miscues are correctable; Belichick will have advance scouts working on the Bengals and Colts, but still have a chance at a first-round bye - if they win Sunday, and the Texans or Broncos lose Sunday; Jermaine Cunningham's suspension ended Monday.
- Michael Whitmer Patriots Notebook: Marquice Cole and Patrick Chung made the most of their opportunities in Jacksonville; Logan Mankins said he and DE Jeremy Mincey were "just catching up" in what appeared to be a heated pushing-shoving exchange after a play; Pats rank first in the NFL in six team categories.
- Ron Borges wasn't surprised at the Patriots' flat Sunday against the Jaguars as he issues his Week 16 Report Card.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Patriots trying to keep Ridley's confidence up.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East Stock Watch.
- James Walker (ESPN) Seven-step drop: AFC East.
- Forearm Shiver (Cold Hard Football Facts) Explosive Charles, Brees, Brady, Luck, Bears D top Week 16 statistical storylines.
- John Clayton (ESPN) Changes are on the way; Mailbag.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) NFL Pro Bowl predictions.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) AFC sees only one new playoff team.
- Jarrett Bell (USA Today) Best and worst of NFL season.
- Dave Dameshek (NFL.com) The Shame Report: Week 16. (4.23 min. video)