New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/27/12
- Patriots-Dolphins Wednesday Injury Report.
- The New England Patriots announce seven members of the team have been selected to the AFC Pro Bowl squad.
- Erik Scalavino shares his practice and locker room notes from Wednesday at Gillette. Pats held a walk-through in the Dana Farber Field House.
- Andy Hart mulls over a list of potential Hall of Famers and wonders what chance some of the Patriots players have to be voted in.
- Press Conferences: Bill Belichick (12.46 min. video) and Tom Brady (10.25 min. video)
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick and Vince Wilfork.
- Patriots Today - Seven Patriots Pro Bowl-bound. (2.10 min. video)
- Patriots Today - What a Wednesday. (3.05 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Walkthrough Wednesday. (1.44 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Brady ready for a productive week. (3.12 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Gronk speaks to the media. (2.53 min. video)
- Mike Reiss posts some quick-hit thoughts on the Patriots' seven Pro Bowlers and the rest of the AFC roster:
- Tom E. Curran passes along some quotes from the Patriots captains on their being selected to the Pro Bowl this year.
- Greg A. Bedard examines the game film and concludes Tom Brady was right to call out the Patriots offense after the Jacksonville game.
- DJ Bean looks at how the Patriots match up against each of the AFC playoff teams.
- Mark Daniels notes Tom Brady is aware the Patriots need to work out any kinks now, because a mistake in the playoffs could end the season.
- Greg A. Bedard finds a lot has changed for the surging Dolphins since the last time the Patriots played them.
- Mark Farinella points out the stakes are still high for Sunday's regular-season finale against the Dolphins.
- Mike Rodak reports Rob Gronkowski said that he is still waiting to be cleared by the team's medical staff before he can return.
- Karen Guregian says Gronkowski appeared to be chomping at the bit to get back on the field, but he won't say when.
- Shalise Manza Young notes Gronkowski met with reporters yesterday at practice, but there's no indication of whether he'll play Sunday.
- Jeff Howe points out the decision to play Gronkowski isn't gamesmanship. If he's medically ready, the Patriots will play him. If not, they'll wait.
- Mike Petraglia notes Jermaine Cunningham returned to practice Wednesday, but he still has some catching up to do.
- Mike Petraglia reports some good news for Patriots fans from Chuck Pagano.
- Mike Reiss follows up on the Colts' approach vs. the Texans.
- Paul Kenyon notes Gil Santos, the voice of the Patriots, is honored to be able to leave the broadcast booth on his own terms.
- Mike Reiss shares a few thoughts after updating this week's penalty watch. Patriots cut down on penalties last week.
- Fluto Shinzawa Patriots Notebook: The Patriots are aware of all the playoff scenarios surrounding Sunday’s games, but Brady concerned about consistency regardless; Jermaine Cunningham is eligible to play Sunday but he still needs to get back up to speed; Brady is hoping to get off to a fast start this week; Pats are dedicating this last game to Gil Santos and Gino Cappeletti.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East Pro Bowl analysis.
- Albert Breer (NFL.com) Pro Bowl future in doubt amid questions of game's validity.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) 2013 Pro Bowl's big snubs: Richard Sherman robbed.
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots may have late-game dilemma.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Belichick: Despite practicing, Gronkowski "not ready yet".
- John Parolin (ESPN Stats & Information) Three-point stance: Dolphins.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) 5 bold predictions for 2013.
- Shawn Maher (Cold Hard Football Facts) Hog report: Broncos the AFC favorites with their NFL-best Hogs.
VIEW FROM MIAMI
- Brian Biggane (Palm Beach Post) Dolphins have lost five in a row to new England, but say this Sunday will be different.
- Brian Biggane (Palm Beach Post) Tom Brady gives New England an edge before he even steps on the field.
- Omar Kelly (Sun Sentinel) How healthy are the New England Patriots?
- Adam H. Beasley (Miami Herald) Dolphins' secondary aches as they face Patriots in regular season finale.
- Adam H. Beasley (Miami Herald) Dolphins' CB Sean Smith's injury (bruised knee) not serious, might play against Patriots.
- Brian Biggane (Palm Beach Post) Reggie Bush reiterates desire to return.
- Ben Volin (Palm Beach Post) Miami Dolphins talking points: Why hasn't Reggie Bush been used more as a receiver?
- Alain Poupart (MiamiDolphins.com) Countdown to kickoff: Dolphins at Patriots.
- Omar Kelly & Chris Perkins (Sun Sentinel) Dolphins hope to avoid losing season. (3.22 min. video)