Melina Vastola-USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/28/12
- Patriots-Dolphins Thursday Injury Report.
- Erik Scalavino shares his practice and locker room notebook from Thursday at Gillette. Pats practiced outside in helmets and shells.
- AP Report: Tom Brady finds a positive in recent struggles.
- Patriots Today - Almost perfect at practice. (1.57 min. video)
- Patriots Today - What will Ridley do? (3.05 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Talking Pro Bowl, Miami and more. (3.51 min. video)
- what the Jaguars did to confuse the Patriots and wonders if Miami will copy the Jags game plan. explains exactly
- Michael Whitmer doesn't think the Dolphins are scared off by cold weather.
- Jeff Howe looks at the hits Brady has taken the last two games and says pass protection has become a concern.
- Jeff Howe notes Aaron Hernandez knows he has struggled the last two games and vows a return to form.
- Christopher Price separates more fact from fiction heading into Sunday's Pats-Fins game. Myth No. 1: Momentum matters going into the postseason.
- Mike Rodak shares some quick hits from the Patriots locker room yesterday.
- Christopher Price tries to measure the impact of Aqib Talib on the Patriots defense.
- Field Yates points to some pluses that came from Jermaine Cunningham's absence.
- Nick Underhill focuses on the relationship between Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.
- Mike Reiss posts the transcript of his weekly online chat. Some terrific insight here, as usual, and worth a read.
- weekly Patriots chat. recaps his
- Christopher Price ranks the QB situation for all 32 NFL teams.
- Jim Lazar believes the Hooded one flexed his muscles to flex his game, and makes his Week 17 picks. Pats, 31-16.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Aqib Talib has been dedicated to treatment for his ailing hip; Talib is greatly looking forward to his playoff debut; Brian Hoyer will make his first career start Sunday when his Cardinals meet the 49ers; The Pats perfect practice attendance streak (5) ended when Marquice Cole (finger) missed the last session.
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots Notebook: It's unclear whether Aqib Talib will play Sunday or not; Matthew Slater was happy to be voted in to the Pro Bowl but would rather be in New Orleans instead; Vince Wilfork reiterated the need for the Patriots to get off to a stronger start Sunday; Players practiced outside in the wind and rain yesterday.
- James Walker (ESPN) On Patriots' potential playoff opponents.
- Countdown Daily (ESPN) Inside the numbers: Dolphins-Pats. (1 min. clip)
- Joe Fortenbaugh (Nat'l Football Post) Old foes Manning, Brady posted as co-favorites to win the Super Bowl.
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) Possible dream matchups are within reach for first round of playoffs.
- Chris Burke (SI) NFL predictions for 2013. Patriots will beat the Packers in the Super Bowl.
- Michael Rosenberg (SI) Filling out the 2013 sports calendar ... in advance.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Bruce Arians dark-horse candidate for top coach honor. Bill Belichick ranked 'close to award-worthy'.
- Eric Edholm (Pro Football Weekly) Still plenty to determine in Week 17.
- Russell S. Baxter (Cold Hard Football Facts) Week 17 Matter of Facts: Texans look for first win ever in Indianapolis.
- Peter King (SI) Weekend pickoff: Week 17. Patriots 27, Dolphins 20.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Cheat Sheet: Week 17 full of drama.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) Week 17 Game Rankings: Washington put it all on line.
- Experts (CBS Sports) Week 17 NFL Picks straight up. All eight pick New England to win.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Week 17 picks. Patriots 31-14.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Week 17 picks. Both pick Patriots over Dolphins.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Raiders place Richard Seymour on IR.
VIEW FROM MIAMI
- Chris Perkins (Sun Sentinel) Dolphins' Joe Philbin a blend of organization, discipline and a bit of humor.
- AP Report (Sun Sentinel) Plenty at stake in Dolphins-Patriots finale.
- Andy Kent (MiamiDolphins.com) D-line getting a big push from Odrick.
- Dave Hyde (Sun Sentinel) Staff predictions: Dolphins vs. Patriots. Unanimous Pats over Fins.