The dynamic duo is back - David Butler II-USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/31/12
- Post Game Notes - Patriots vs. Dolphins. Records set, milestones reached and trends continued.
- Erik Scalavino recaps New England's win over Miami and says the Patriots dominated from the start and never looked back.
- New England will play in the AFC Divisional Round on Sunday, January 13 at 4:30pm.
- The Kraft family selects Gil Santos for 2012 Induction into the Patriots' Hall of Fame.
- Post Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (5.53 min. video), Tom Brady (2.40 min. video), Vince Wilfork (5.23 min. video) and Devin McCourty (3.26 min. video)
- Post Game Quotes: Patriots and Dolphins.
- Patriots Today - Patriots shutout leads to a bye. (2.47 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Gronk, Welker and more. (3.37 min. video)
- Postgame Patriots Show - Adam Jones recaps the Patriots 28-0 win over the Dolphins securing a first-round playoff bye; DE Trevor Scott calls in. (2 hour program)
- Ron Borges writes that the Patriots' complete effort on the field yesterday was more significant than earning the bye week.
- Mike Reiss gives us his initial reaction to the Patriots shut-out win over the Dolphins, and earning the bye week in the process.
- Jeff Howe declares the Patriots are back, thoroughly dismantling a divisional opponent in freezing conditions.
- Kirk Minihane explains why the Patriots are going back to the Super Bowl.
- Christopher Price tells us ten things we learned Sunday. In the AFC, Patriots & Broncos now stand above the rest.
- Karen Guregian details Rob Gronkowski's protected return to the field yesterday and how his presence alone worked to open up the offense.
- Mike Reiss looks at the snaps played by the skill-position players yesterday and analyzes what it means. Brandon Lloyd's knee was a pre-game question mark.
- Mike Reiss counts the snaps played by Rob Gronkowski in the first half and second half.
- Michael Whitmer notes the O-linemen in general were pleased in how they kept Brady more upright yesterday.
- Tom E. Curran believes the Patriots put themselves in position to get the bye week.
- Shalise Manza Young, like most Patriots fans, found it odd to be rooting for the Colts Sunday, but then the Patriots took care of their own business to secure the bye.
- Jim Donaldson credits the Colts for this Patriots victory.
- Greg A. Bedard reports the defense pitched a shutout Sunday with a season-high seven sacks against the Dolphins.
- Tom E. Curran reports Rob Ninkovich's injured hip will be more fully evaluated on Monday but the initial outlook doesn't appear encouraging.
- Mike Rodak focuses on Rob Ninkovich's injury and how the defense carried on without him.
- Field Yates looks at the final AFC playoff standings and the wild-card matchups which will be played next weekend.
- Tom E. Curran gives us his Patriots-Dolphins preview review.
- Michael Whitmer Patriots Notebook: Stevan Ridley reached 1,263 yards Sunday; Gil Santos and Gino Cappelletti were honored at yesterday's game and will be inducted to the Patriots Hall of Fame in 2013; Rob Ninkovich left the game with a hip injury; Daniel Fells also left the game (hand) but returned after halftime; Some cool end-of-season stats to check out too.
- Brandon Lawrence notes Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin thinks the Patriots "will probably do some damage in the playoffs."
- Mike Reiss posts his Ups and Downs from Sunday.
- Mary Paoletti picks her Patriots-Dolphins superlatives.
- The Herald Staff selects its Best & Worst from Pats-Dolphins.
- Mark Farinella gives us his Hots & Nots from Sunday.
- NFL Game Center - Miami Dolphins vs. New England Patriots. Recap, stats analysis and highlights.
- Kennedy Ross (Cold Hard Football Facts) Patriots blow out Dolphins 28-0; Clinch AFC's second seed.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Patriots wrap up bye with shutout of Dolphins.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: What a regular season. What a year. What a Sunday.
- Will Brinson (CBS Sports) 2012 NFL Grades, Week 17. Patriots get a B+ --What would they have had to do to get an A?
- James Walker (ESPN) Four things we learned from Week 17.
- Chris Burke (SI) First down, fourth down: Week 17.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) "Black Monday" tracker: What changes are coming?
- Mike Pereira (Fox Sports) Here are two rules that need to go.
- Adam Dobrowolski (Cold Hard Football Facts) Stat pack: Eli Manning isn't elite - and never was.
VIEW FROM MIAMI
- Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) Score tells the story -- New England Patriots much better than Miami Dolphins.
- Omar Kelly (Sun Sentinel) Distance between New England and Miami is too wide.
- Ben Volin (Palm Beach Post) Miami Dolphins, routed by New England, conclude fourth consecutive losing season.
- Adam H. Beasley (Miami Herald) New England Patriots shut out Miami Dolphins to end season.
- Brian Biggane (Palm Beach Post) Miami Dolphins’ defense frustrated in attempt to slow down Tom Brady.
- Dave Hyde (Sun Sentinel) Ten thoughts on Pats 28, Dolphins 0
- David J. Neal (Miami Herald) Keys to the Dolphins loss against the Patriots.
- Staff Report (Sun Sentinel ) Patriots dominate, send Miami Dolphins to fourth losing season in a row.
- Jason Mastrodonato (Miami Herald) RB Reggie Bush falls short of 1,000 rushing yards.