New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/04/12
- Erik Scalavino says the Patriots aren't quite in the driver's seat yet, but that could change Monday night.
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick - Josh McDaniels - Matt Patricia.
- Patriots Today - A close-out win for the Patriots. (3.27 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Inside the winning locker room. (1.59 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Defense stands their ground. (3.21 min. video)
- Christopher Price deconstructs the final drive, in what was the finest sequence of the year for New England.
- Shalise Manza Young explains the playoff seeding and why the Patriots are the AFC's No. 2 seed right now.
- Christopher Price says Monday night's Patriots-Texans matchup will serve as a preview for the AFC title game.
- Mike Reiss feels Monday night's Patriots-Texans clash can't get here fast enough, and offers 13 storylines to get us excited.
- Tom E. Curran believes the way things went down in Miami was excellent preparation for the battle that awaits the Patriots next week against the Texans.
- Jeff Howe examines Stevan Ridley's performance as a closer in Sunday's win over the Dolphins.
- Jeff Howe looks at Stevan Ridley's impressive, if under the radar, stats this season and how they compare with the rest of the NFL. Amazing.
- Chad Finn sees the beauty in Sunday's close win in Miami, and calls it a shut-your-trap game.
- rematch between the Dolphins and Patriots, wondering how each team will approach its game-plan. talks about the Dec. 30th
- Shalise Manza Young takes a closer look at Brandon Lloyd's recent lack of production and notes the number of times he has been targeted has fallen.
- Mike Reiss reports WR Donte Stallworth agrees to a deal with the Patriots.
- Brian MacPherson reports the Patriots defense continues to show steady improvement.
- Marie Torto highlights Tom Brady's appearance on WEEI Monday, where he gave his morning-after thoughts on the win.
- Field Yates passes along some highlights from Monday afternoon conference calls with the Patriots coaches on Lloyd, Arrington and more.
- day-after Patriots online chat. posts the transcript of his weekly,
- Field Yates offers some observations after re-watching the Patriots Week 13 win over the Miami Dolphins: First half and Second half.
- Mike Reiss looks at the positional groupings utilized by the Patriots in Sunday's 23-16 win in Miami and analyzes what it means.
- Mike Reiss updates base vs. sub defensive stats after Sunday.
- Ron Borges grades the Patriots in his Week 13 Report Card. "Winning when your performance is far from perfect is the mark of a playoff team."
- Tom E. Curran notes the Pats lost OT Matt Kopa from their practice squad to the Philadelphia Eagles, and they brought in four players for a workout.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Julian Edelman's foot injury caused the Patriots to re-sign WR Donte Stallworth last night; The extent of Edelman's injury is still unknown; Josh McDaniels explains Brandon Lloyd's lack of action Sunday; The Eagles signed T Matt Kopa off the Pats' practice squad; Brandon Bolden was able to return to Gillette after serving his PED suspension.
- James Walker (ESPN) Seven-step drop: AFC East thoughts.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) AFC East spin cycle: Patriots again reign supreme.
- Staff Report (Yahoo! Sports) NFL playoff picture: Four teams clinch in Week 13.
- Pat Kirwan (CBS Sports) Five from Sunday: 'Real records' entering stretch.
- Staff Report (Cold Hard Football Facts) Parity dead: Manning, Brady, great QBs still rule NFL.
- Steve Wyche and Mark Kriegel (NFL.com) Best in the AFC: Texans, Patriots or Broncos?
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Week 13 Rewind: Playoff picture comes into focus following wild day of games.