Key to Monday will be keeping Brady upright - Mike Ehrmann
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/05/12
- Game Preview: New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans. Broadcast info, series history, team connections and more.
- Andy Hart gives Jerod Mayo and the defense props for the defensive stop that gave Stevan Ridley and the offense the opportunity to close out the game.
- Patriots announced that they re-signed veteran WR Donte’ Stallworth, placed WR Julian Edelman on IR with a foot injury, and more.
- Erik Scalavino tackles this week's Ask PFW mailbag: Mixed bag.
- Patriots record highest 1:00 PM rating of the 2012 season.
- Patriots Today - Wrapping up Patriots-Dolphins. (3.58 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Players get fit. (3.33 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Andruzzi helps tackle cancer. (2.37 min. video)
- Christopher Price presents one NFL scout's breakdown of Patriots-Texans: Houston presents unique matchup situations.
- Field Yates helps us get to know the Texans and which players to keep an eye on Monday night.
- Karen Guregian foresees Houston DE J. J. Watt as trouble for Tom Brady and the offensive line.
- Karen Guregian details exactly what the Texans bring to the table that might be a problem Monday night for the Pats.
- Greg A. Bedard writes the beat-up Texans defense will be challenged by New England's beat-up offense.
- Paul Kenyon notes J. J. Watt makes Belichick wary.
- ESPN Stats & Information posts a couple of statistical nuggets of interest on Patriots-Texans.
- Mike Reiss notes the Patriots will honor Matt Light at halftime Monday night.
- Christopher Price chooses five of the most underrated Patriots on the squad.
- Mike Reiss analyzes the move to put Julian Edelman on season-ending IR.
- Tom E. Curran notes Julian Edelman spent a lot of time in California this offseason working directly with Tom Brady.
- Greg A. Bedard reports Brandon Lloyd’s lack of action in the Patriots’ win over Miami was simply part of the game plan tailored to the Dolphins.
- Christopher Price charts the offensive opportunities for the skill position players through 13 weeks, by player and position.
- Christopher Price tracks the target breakdown for the NE passing game after 12 games. Wes Welker leads by far.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly reader mailbag: No celebrating just yet.
- Christopher Price tells us which Pats defenders have done the best job of getting after the QB this year. Rob Ninkovich leads in hits (10) and sacks (7).
- Mike Reiss catches us up with former players and how they are doing with their new teams.
- Christopher Price breaks down the penalties called on the Patriots this year, noting they have been flagged 73 times (tied for 22nd) for 624 yards (19th).
- Karen Guregian Patriots Notebook: Julian Edelman ends his season on IR with a broken foot; Edelman's absence will be most felt in the punt return game; Bill Belichick had high praise for Texans LT Duane Brown; Matt Light will be honored during halftime of Monday night's game.
- The Herald Inside Track posts a pic of Brandon Lloyd reading 'Twas The Night Before Christmas' to kids at the Four Seasons' Teddy Bear Tea.
- Kerry J. Byrne (SI) Inside the numbers: Week 13. Tom Brady is 'the obvious choice, perhaps the only choice, to earn NFL MVP honors at the end of the season.'
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) New England Patriots' offense built for postseason success.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Patriots' streak of winning seasons best since Montana/Young 49ers.
- James Walker (ESPN) Thoughts on Patriots' Julian Edelman to IR.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Brady baby coming soon.
- Eric Edholm (Pro Football Weekly) Battle for AFC supremacy in Foxborough.
- Chris Burke (SI) NFL playoff picture, Week 14: Texans-Patriots looms large in AFC.
- Dave Dameshek (NFL.com) The Shame Report: Week 13. (4.40 min. video)
VIEW FROM HOUSTON
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) All hands needed for Texans with Patriots on deck.
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) AFC supremacy at stake in Texans-Patriots matchup.
- Lance Zierlein (Houston Chronicle) Texans Pass Rush: The Return of the Killer Zombies.
- Tania Ganguli (Houston Chronicle) Texans sign CB Stanford Routt to address depleted secondary.