New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 12/06/12
- Erik Scalavino reports Donte Stallworth is happy to be back, and it seems a natural fit for both sides.
- Erik Scalavino tells us what happened Wednesday at Gillette.
- Press Conferences: Bill Belichick (14.54 min. video) and Tom Brady (15.10 min. video)
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick and Wes Welker.
- Patriots Today - Stallworth returns to the Patriots. (2.29 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Eager for another chance. (2.58 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Wednesday walkthrough. (1.55 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Belichick breakdown - Miami. (4.41 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Patriots talk Texans. (2.41 min. video)
- Michael Vega notes Bill Belichick sees a critical third-down battle looming against the Texans.
- Christopher Price presents a five-point plan to beat the Texans.
- John Powers says something has to give: the Patriots haven’t lost a December home game in a decade and the Texans haven’t lost a road game all season.
- Michael Whitmer notes the Patriots will utilize everything in their arsenal at practice this week so Tom Brady is ready for J.J. Watt and his linemates.
- Mike Petraglia says Tom Brady is going to get a face-full of the Texans this week.
- D.J. Bean wonders if J.J. Watt should have been a Patriot.
- Jeff Howe notes the Patriots have the infuriating challenge of trying to temper the Texans’ well-balanced offense.
- Karen Guregian notes Aqib Talib always wants to play against the best, and is relishing the opportunity to match up with WR Andre Johnson.
- Mark Daniels notes the defense will have to account for Texans TE Owen Daniels.
- Christopher Price looks at who Patriots fans should root for this week.
- Mike Reiss points out a few quick hits that stand out while updating this week's penalty watch.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Donte' Stallworth elated to be back with Patriots; Watching J.J. Watt on film shows his pass-rushing skills are painful for QBs; Brady is practicing with defensive linemen holding up paddles and brooms; Chandler Jones and Logan Mankins were present at practice for the first time in a while, which is a good sign that they may play on Sunday.
- Michael Vega Patriots Notebook: Patriots welcome return of Donte Stallworth; Belichick was effusive in his praise of the Texans; Chandler Jones (ankle), Logan Mankins (ankle/calf) and Dan Connolly (back) were present for the media access portion of the walkthrough; Gronkowski, Vereen, McDonald and Hightowr were not spotted; Brandon Bolden returned but it wasn't known whether he'll have a role this week.
- Ben Muth (Football Outsiders) Word of Muth: Appraising the Patriots.
- John Parolin (ESPN Stats & Information) Three-point stance: Houston Texans.
- Mike and Mike Show (ESPN Radio) John Gruden talks Patriots-Texans. (1 min. video)
- James Walker and Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) Double coverage: Texans vs. Pats.
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots concerned with DE J.J. Watt.
- Ian Rapoport (NFL.com) Texans-Patriots, Ravens-Redskins, Saints-Giants head Week 14.
- Jim Trotter (SI) Awards Watch: Week 13. MVP - Tom Brady.
- James Walker (ESPN) AccuScore: Patriots beat the Texans.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East stock watch.
VIEW FROM HOUSTON
- Reid Laymance (Houston Chronicle) Brady, Patriots go to great lengths to prepare for Texans.
- Nick Scurfield (HoustonTexans.coom) J.J. Watt credited with additional sack.
- Nick Scurfield (HoustonTexans.com) Bill Belichick: J.J. Watt looks like Defensive Player of Year.
- Reid Laymance (Houston Chronicle) How Texans clinch AFC’s top seed this week.