It is often said that football is a game of inches... but I think in this NFL playoff's it has really been a game of feet (and ankles)...
- The Broncos beat the Steelers in part because Ben Roethlisberger was less than fully effective due to a high ankle sprain.
- The Ravens beat the Texans in part because they were facing T.J. Yates instead of Matt Schaub, whose season was lost to a Lisfranc Sprain in his right foot. Heck- the Patriots in some ways owe home field advantage to this injury!
- The Patriots beat the Ravens because a ball off of the right foot of Billy Cundiff sailed wide of the mark.
- The Patriots lost to the Giants in part because old "friend" Bernard Pollard continued his march of destruction and sprained Rob Gronkowski's ankle.
- In good news, at least the Patriots conducted themselves with pride and did not put any feet in their mouth this year!