Yep, this is the BPA (best photo available) of Belichick at the coaches breakfast.
Ian Rapoport describes the scene at the Coaches Breakfast yesterday and offers some updates from Bill Belichick on the status of the team.
"We look at all the players in free agency," Belichick said. "Some of them work out, some of them don’t. I don’t think it’s any big formula. We talk to a lot of players, period. Some of them we sign, some of them we don’t. We’ll eventually get a team together, go to camp, compete, see how it goes."
"I’m like 6 1/2 weeks out of surgery and I’m just getting better every day, taking it week by week, day by day. I’m walking around now and everything’s on pace and hopefully I’m 100 percent when it comes down to the time that that’s where I’m supposed to be.’’
"Not sure when the boot is coming off,’’ said Gronkowski. "It’s still a couple weeks away and I’m just getting better every single day. Right now all I can do is upper body - sit-ups, pull-ups, and pushups. All that good stuff. I’m just going to have to make up for that in cardio and leg workouts when I get healthy.’’
Mike Reiss notes Deion Branch was a guest on WEEI Tuesday.
"It feels great [returning to the team]. Going into this year, and towards the end of the season, both sides had the same feeling," Branch told co-hosts Mike Mutnansky and Lou Merloni. "It was mutual that we wanted this to happen. Another thing, my family and kids wanted it to happen as much as me and the organization."
"I didn’t have that thought [of considering other teams]. I didn’t even want to allow that to creep into my mind," he said on WEEI. "My biggest thing is that I want to make sure I retire a Patriot, whenever that comes about, whether it’s two years from now, three years from now, who knows? That’s my goal, and once I sat down with coach [Bill Belichick] and the front office, they felt the same way."
"[Competition] brings out the best in you," he said. "That’s what it is all about. Competition is always good. I think going into this year, it’s going to be very exciting to see what this next receiving group will look like for next season. I’m very excited to get started within a couple weeks with the offseason program. I think that’s where everything starts, then it’s going to roll into minicamp and training camp."
- Paul Perillo tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: Filling the roster.
- Patriots Today - Belichick at the Coaches Breakfast. (2.39 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Belichick on Manning, Tebow. (2.27 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Gronk teams up with Dunkin Donuts. (1.44 min. video)
- Patriots Today - London on horizon for Belichick. (2.08 min. video)
- Arielle Aronson reports Bill Belichick showed up at this year's Coaches Breakfast, and fielded questions from the media for 45 minutes.
- Shalise Manza Young picks over the few morsels served up at the coaches breakfast and highlights some of the Q&A at Belichick's table.
- Ian Rapoport takes a look at the questions Bill Belichick didn't answer.
- Ian Rapoport shares his notes from the Owners Meetings with some quotes from coaches and thoughts from players.
- Ron Borges gets Rex Ryan's explanation of why they brought in Tim Tebow and what he really thinks about distractions.
- Ian Rapoport catches up with Bills head coach Chan Gailey, who hopes his defensive signings makes the AFC QBs nervous.
- Greg A. Bedard reports Sean Payton addressed his bounty suspension with the media and while contrite, he indicated he will appeal.
- Ian Rapoport notes 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh says he'd like to see Randy Moss "put a stamp on his great NFL career."
- Mike Reiss & Mike Rodak report Rob Gronkowski is still in a boot, still upbeat and still chilling.
- Mike Reiss reports Rob Gronkowski kicked off his two-year contract as a spokesman for Dunkin Donuts, by working the Foxboro drive-thru yesterday.
- Jeff Howe reports QB Brian Hoyer said Tuesday he's "excited to be back" with the Patriots for at least one more season.
- Mike Reiss reports QB Brian Hoyer teamed with Harlem Globetrotters forward Slick Willie Shaw to visit Children's Hospital and entertain pediatric patients.
- Karen Guregian notes Brandon Deaderick and Nick McDonald volunteered at a Fall River soup kitchen and also spent time handing out groceries to families.
- Luke Hughes posts a clip of Brian Hoyer throwing passes to Slick Willie Shaw of the Harlem Globetrotters. (1 min. video)
- Mike Reiss ranks some of the possible season openers for the Pats for 2012.
- Rich Levine explores the possibility of Bears RB Matt Forte being traded to New England, and if the Patriots would pay him what he's looking for.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly Patriots mailbag: What does McDaniels have up his sleeve? And what about the defense?
- Jeff Howe thinks Alabama's Mark Barron and Dre Kirkpatrick could be potential Draft picks if the Patriots trade up, and 19 other NFL thoughts.
- Mike Reiss analyzes the mock draft selections from Dane Brugler of CBS Sports.
- Christopher Price thumbnails eleven under-the-radar prospects for the Patriots to ponder.
- WEEI profiles potential Patriots in this year's Draft: WR Brian Quick (Appalachian State).
- Maggie Hendricks (Yahoo! Sports) Rob Gronkowski moonlights at Dunkin' Donuts.
- Terry McCormick (Nat'l Football Post) Patriots, Welker may have trouble striking deal.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Even Tom Brady is working year to year.
- Mark Schlereth (ESPN) Can the Patriots O-Line still be good if two of their veterans retire? (1 min. video).
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) At NFL meetings, many important issues - but all talk about Tebow.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Payton takes flak for not addressing owners.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Tighter offseason work rules bugging coaches -- and maybe players.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Cowboys at Giants on NBC to open 2012 NFL season.
- Mike Klis (Denver Post) TV wants Peyton Manning-led Denver Broncos to work nights this year.
- Dan Hanzus (NFL.com) Five potential prime-time openers for Peyton Manning.
- Michael Rosenberg (SI) NFL madness, where offseason drama gets bigger and bigger.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday edition: Five reasons Parcells would consider coaching Saints; Mail.
- Greg Gabriel (Nat'l Football Post) Are they defensive ends or outside linebackers? A closer look at the draft's 'tweeners.
- Wes Bunting (Nat'l Football Post) NFL Draft: Ranking the 4-3 DE class by tiers.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Rex Ryan: Tebow a perfect fit for Sparano's creative offensive mind.
- NFL Films (NFL.com) The 2011 NFL season in 6 minutes. (I suggest only watching first five minutes)
- Dane Brugler (CBS Sports) NFL Mock Draft. Patriots select DE Andre Branch (Clemson) and SS Mark Barron (Alabama).