Brian Hoyer was excited to volunteer at a school - and finish without any of the kids asking him about Tom Brady.
"It’s exciting to be back and it’s behind me now and I’m back at the facility working out and getting ready to start back up officially [in the offseason program] next week,’’ Hoyer said. "I’m just excited to get back to work.’’
He said he didn’t worry too much about whether another team would come calling.
"I let my agent handle that, and I waited for him to tell me what was going on, and he said, ‘Go sign the tender.’ And I went and signed it,’’ Hoyer said. "It was good for me because I wanted to get back in the facility and start working out anyway.’’
CSNNE reports there are nine Patriots free agents that have yet to be signed by any team.
Mark Farinella notes the Patriots Hall of Fame Nominating Committee votes today for the three nominees to be the next member of the Hall.
Pssst! Troy Brown is eligible this year! You're all going to vote for him, so my job is done!
Anyway, we will go through the formalities Tuesday, somewhere within the Patriot Place compound. But I get the feeling that it's already a done deal, with Brown entering his first year of eligibility. Maybe I should also nominate Harpo Gladieux and Marty Moore just so we'll have a rounded-out ballot.
- Andy Hart posts the Rob Gronkowski video with his spike of Megatron in his Madden '13 cover quest. Note the lack of walking boot and limp in the video.
- Andy Hart talks about the possibility of the Patriots trading up into the top 10 of the draft.
- Andy Hart breaks down the quarterback prospects in this year's draft.
- Patriots Today - Draft preview: Cornerback. (3.17 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Hoyer, Andruzzi hit the books. (2.27 min. video)
- Karen Guregian notes the Patriots are being linked to a couple of prospects with character questions.
- Karen Guregian reports Brian Hoyer and former Patriot Joe Andruzzi were at Veterans Memorial School in Rhode Island yesterday for a reading celebration.
- CSNNE reports there are nine Patriots free agents that have yet to be signed by any team.
- Mike Reiss takes a closer look at the recent contract signed by LB Bobby Carpenter.
- Tom E. Curran breaks down the safety position and cornerback position in this year's draft, and looks at who would be the best fit for the Patriots.
- Jeff Howe thinks Notre Dame's Michael Floyd would fill a long-term need for the Patriots' offense, if the team is willing to trade up in the draft.
- Mike Reiss profiles possible Patriots in this year's draft: DT Michael Brockers (Louisiana State).
- Tom E. Curran picks potential Patriots heading into the draft: WR Mohamed Sanu (Rutgers).
- Jeff Howe answered Patriots fans' questions via Twitter on Monday - Matt Light is likely to retire, Patriots will probably focus on defense in the Draft.
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots Notebook: Brian Hoyer and former Patriots OL Joe Andruzzi were at Veterans Memorial School to read to the students and stress the importance of literacy and working hard; Brandon Spikes had failed a drug test while at the University of Florida.
Carolyn Thornton posts a photo of Joe Andruzzi & Brian Hoyer with two special students, Victor Mercado and Nicholas Weichel. Nice story too.
- Greg A. Bedard offers his reaction to Monday's news that the Saints' Bountygate penalties were upheld by Roger Goodell. (3 min. video)
- Mike Rodak looks at some of the recent players picked at the 27th spot to give us a feel for the type of player the Patriots might draft with that pick.
- Mike Reiss analyzes the mock draft selections from Rob Rang and Dane Bulger for the Patriots in the first round.
- First Take (ESPN) What if Welker had caught that pass? Skip Bayless and Jerry Ferrara debate. (4.03 min. video)
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Signs for schedule release still point to April 17.
- Matt Hayes (Sporting News) From champs to chomped: How Urban Meyer broke Florida football. Hernandez, Spikes and Belichick referenced here.
- Matt Smith & Bucky Brooks (Sporting News) NFL Draft do-overs: 2010. (4.51 min. video) Jimmy Graham over Rob Gronkowski?
- Elliot Harrison (NFL.com) Megatron, not Russell, goes No. 1 in 2007 draft re-do.
- Evan Silva (ProFootballTalk) 2012 Mock Draft, take two. Patriots select DE Nick Perry (USC) and DT Devon Still (Penn State).
- Wes Bunting (Nat'l Football Post) Stock Watch Part II: Which prospects on defense are moving up draft boards?
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) Hot 100: Plenty of draft-stock movement as pro days wrap up.
- Russ Lande (Sporting News) NFL Draft 2012: Matt Kalil clear No. 1 among OTs.
- Brian Billick (Fox Sports) DeCastro is elite among interior linemen.
- Chad Reuter (NFL.com) Draft sleepers: Non-Combine invitees on the rise.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday Edition: Parcells unlikely to join Saints in interim role this season.
- Steve Wyche (NFL.com) Goodell doesn't budge on Saints' punishment, sends message.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Payton's suspension applies broadly, but good luck enforcing it.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) League thinks Payton's book undercuts "rogue coach" defense.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Liability concerns may prevent league from allowing Williams to coach again.
- Joe Fortenbaugh (Nat'l Football Post) The death of the workhorse running back.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Chavous explains the "testing" of injuries, and the realities of pro football.