New Patriots DE Trevor Scott, No. 91, sacks Bears QB Caleb Hanie.
Mike Rodak reports DE Trevor Scott spoke to the media Thursday for the first time since signing with the team.
Thoughts on Patriots. "You just know what to expect when you come here. Pats are natural-born winners. They want to compete for the Super Bowl every year so I know to come in here, I'm going to have big shoes to fill," Scott said. "I mean, there's a great atmosphere here, don't get me wrong. But there's a great atmosphere in Oakland. But like I said, I'm just glad for the new opportunity."
Offseason program thoughts. "We've just been working. Just different position stuff. That's been cool. Just getting to meet the coaches, on and off the field. We've definitely been working hard, that's for sure," Scott said. When asked about defensive line coach Pepper Johnson, Scott said: "I love him He's a great guy. He's definitely a no-BS guy, and that's what I like.
Harvey Simpson (Cordele Dispatch) Wilcox's Dennard becomes a Patriot again.
"He’s going to one of the best organizations in history," said [Wilcox High head football coach Mark] Ledford. "Once he gets his legal troubles behind, he’s got a tremendous opportunity to be playing for a team that needs help in an area that he can give it.
"There’s no doubt in my mind that New England is getting a player well qualified to have been a first- or second-round selection and not your usual seventh-round pick who doesn’t have much chance of making the team to begin with."
Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Holes to fill: Post -draft, free agency spots of concern for all 32 teams.
New England Patriots: Corner play was a big problem last season and they didn't do much to improve it. They have to hope Devin McCourty, who had a sophomore slump, can revert to his rookie form. Ras-I Dowling, who missed all but two games of his entire rookie season in 2011 with a hip injury, should also be a factor. They also added Will Allen and drafted Alfonzo Dennard, a player I like.
- Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick shares a statement on Junior Seau.
- Patriots Today - Robert Kraft on passing of Seau. (1.58 min. video)
- PFW in Progress - The PFW crew discusses the passing of Junior Seau, shares their memories and discusses reports of Jabar Gaffney's return. (2 hour program)
- Dan Duggan sets off to Endicott, NY to discover as much as possible about first round draft pick Chandler Jones.
- Mike Reiss looks at what's next for Alfonzo Dennard.
- Field Yates explores why Tiquan Underwood was released instead of practice-squad receiver Britt Davis.
- Karen Guregian notes how fit Ryan Mallett was looking, as he participated in a football clinic with some high schools students with disabilities.
- Tom E. Curran brings in NFLN's Brian Baldinger to evaluate the Patriots draft. (3.49 min. video)
- Tom E. Curran gives us an inside glimpse into what the Patriots draft room was like during the NFL Draft. (2.28 min. video) /Made me laugh.
- Karen Guregian reports former Patriot Ellis Hobbs, who has suffered several concussions, is struggling to come to terms with Junior Seau's death.
- Tom E. Curran says Former Patriots LB Mike Vrabel regrets not being able to play more with Junior Seau; wishes for a way to help guys who have a hard time after football.
- Mike Rodak posts Matthew Slater's reflections on Junior Seau.
- Christopher Price reprints the statements from Jerod Mayo and Rob Ninkovich regarding the death of former teammate Junior Seau.
- Mike Reiss offers the transcript of his weekly online chat. Terrific insight here as always.
- Boston Herald Patriots Notebook: Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick show their emotions for Junior Seau; DE Trevor Scott is hopeful he can return to an elite level with the Patriots; Pats released WR Tiquan Underwood with the signing of Jabar Gaffney.
- Alex Prewitt (ESPN) Pats Ninkovich helps wish come true for ailing boy.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Vince Wilfork's 'Top 100' fall looks arbitrary, "I'm appropriately outraged."
- First Take (ESPN) Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless debate: Ochocinco era over? (6.51 min. video)
- James Walker (ESPN) Assessing AFC East backup quarterbacks.
- Rich Eisen Podcast (NFL.com) Mike Mayock 2012 NFL Draft recap.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Lions make an offer to Ryan Grant.
- Peter King (SI) With players suspended, total discipline in bounty saga staggers.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA grievances attempt to steer review process away from Goodell.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL's outside lawyer calls evidence against Saints players "quite strong".
- Michael Silver (Yahoo! Sports) NFL needs to publicly release evidence of players' bounty involvement if it exists.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA's outside lawyer says league has not provided "substantial evidence" of player involvement.
- Jen Floyed Engel (Fox Sports) Is playing football the new smoking?
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) Too soon to judge role NFL, head trauma may have played in Junior Seau's passing.
- Kerry J. Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) Junior Seau's death: Pain of a mother, deal with the devil.
- Sam Farmer (LA Times) Family of Junior Seau will allow his brain to be studied.
- Paul Daugherty (SI) We don't know athletes like Junior Seau, just image that they present.