Mankins may start the year on PUP but be ready to go come September.
Jeff Howe reasons that Rob Gronkowski and Logan Mankins must be doing okay for the team to allow them to play in Joe Andruzzi's charity golf tournament.
The Patriots, like any team, want their players to follow a strict workout routine through different phases of the year, particularly during a rehabilitation process. Injured players also work with the medical staff to determine the appropriate course of action during this five-week stretch before training camp, either by remaining local or heading to an off-site training facility.
"Always grinding, Monday through Friday, always working out, eating right, running," Gronkowski said. "Just keeping on top of it, so when it comes to training camp, you’re ready to get focused."
Therefore, the team knew Gronkowski and Mankins would be playing golf yesterday, and that stamp of approval was an indication that an afternoon on the links jived with their respective recoveries. That should be a good sign as each player prepares for the upcoming season.
Tom E. Curran tells us what the story is on Logan Mankins' injury situation.
I'm told that Mankins is expected to begin training camp on the PUP list (which was expected) and there is every reason to believe he will come off the PUP list before the end of training camp and be ready for the Patriots' opener against the Titans.
His progress was termed as "awesome."
- Robert Kraft selected as PFWA's 2012 George Halas Award winner.
- New England Patriots and New England Revolution get FieldTurf upgrade.
- Patriots Today - Gronk happy deal is done. (1.29 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Faulk hopeful for a return. (1.45 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Robert Kraft gets a renowned honor. (2.28 min. video)
- Mike Reiss looks at how Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley stack up against their peers selected in the 2011 Draft in terms of rushing production last season.
- Christopher Price tells us Julian Edelman impresses Blue Jays coaching staff in weekend workout in Toronto.
- Christopher Price takes a look at what the Patriots' AFC rivals are doing this offseason: Cincinnati Bengals .
- Rich Levine says LaDainian Tomlinson was a great talent but never a great leader . . . and he has the rings to prove it.
- Jeff Howe posts a video of Gronk's golf shot at Joe Andruzzi's charity golf tournament.
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots Notebook: Rob Gronkowski stuck to the non-answer script when asked about whether he'll be ready to go by Training Camp; A fully-healthy Kevin Faulk reiterated that he would still like to return to the Patriots for a 14th season but it's up to the team.
- The Herald Inside Track reports Rob Gronkowski judged the Hot 100 bikini contest around the pool at Wet Reublic at MGM Grand.
- Staff Report (NY Post) Wes tackled by Aspen cops.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Patriots restocking at linebacker showing positive signs.
- Pat Kirwan (CBS Sports) Lack of sacks doesn't lie when it comes to five best tackle tandems. NE 5th on his list.
- Kevin Braig (Cold Hard Football Facts) Global coaching market says Belichick underpaid.
- Mark Schlereth (ESPN) The New England Patriots are one of the NFL's most versatile teams. (1 min. clip)
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots venture into unknown at tailback.
- James Walker (ESPN) Logan Mankins appears 'PUP' bound.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Logan Mankins' status for season opener remains unclear.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Monday's events prompted league to go public with evidence.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) NFL reveals more bounty evidence, much of it courtesy of the Saints, banned Williams.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) Does NFC title game video implicate Hargrove, Saints?
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA document: A number of problems with league evidence.
- Jim Corbett (USA Today) Players regret giving Goodell so much authority.