"It’s definitely reciprocal," Morris said. "I’m still here. My family is here. My kids still go to school here, so it’s definitely reciprocal. I’ve been around a while, so I kind of just know the deal. Words are one thing, but all I can do is take care of my part. If something materializes, then I know I’ll be ready."
"I’m not going to close the door on any opportunity just simply because the desire is still there," Morris said. "I’ve always said once the desire or the love for the game is gone, that’s when I’ll hang it up. But it’s still there, so I’m doing everything I can on my end."
- Andy Hart uses a stock rating system to break down the roster as it stands now: Running backs.
- Patriots Today - Area kids earn clinic with Brushci. (3.12 min. video)
- PFW in Progress - The PFW crew discusses the Patriots and the NFL in the offseason. (2 hour program)
- Mike Reiss notes that one of the underlying themes of the Patriots' offseason has been building a better sub defense, and he breaks down the past two regular seasons.
- Jeff Howe reports Troy Brown earned a TV gig after completing the NFL's Broadcast Boot Camp yesterday.
- Mike Rodak analyzes CB Marquice Cole and where he may potentially fit on the roster in 2012.
- Mike Reiss posts the transcript of his weekly online chat. Well worth a read as usual.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: There has been mutual interest shown between the Patriots and RB Sammy Morris; Joe Andruzzi hopes his role as part-time offseason strength and conditioning coach with the Pats leads to something more.
- Jimmy Traina (SI) A Q&A with Tom Brady: Patriots QB talks Gisele, Super Bowl, Rob Gronkowski, hairdos and more.
- Evan Silva (ProFootballTalk) Patriots in contact with Sammy Morris.
- more 'joint' practices. (Nat'l Football Post) Why NFL training camps need
- Jeff Chadiha & Mike Sando (ESPN) The top 25 postseason performances in NFL history.
- Photo Gallery (NFL.com) The evolution of Tom Brady's hair. Really.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Rethinking the ethics of holdouts.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) NFL's top multi-purpose weapons.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) Grading all of the Saints bounty evidence.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL Referees Association files unfair labor practice charge against NFL.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) AFL-CIO quickly rejects request to expel NFLPA.