Bill Belichick supports the Celtics last night at the Garden, and gets a loud standing ovation from the crowd.
"He’s coming out and doing his job, working hard and trying to get things right. He’s coming from a different system where he’s gotta learn how we do things. So far, he’s a great guy, he’s a great player, he just comes out and does his work. That’s what OTAs are for, moving guys around, seeing what they can do, what we can do and how much pressure they can handle."
"Just work harder every day," Gronkowski said. "Whatever I did last year, I’ve got to work harder than I did last year during the offseason, and during camp and during the season. Just at all times, work harder and outdo it in the weight room, conditioning-wise, what I did the year before."
"There’s definitely a lot of weapons around our offense," Gronkowski said. "It’s great. They’re all hard workers. They’re all great teammates. It’s great just hanging out with everyone. I’m just worried about what I can do to get better and basically focus on my job and do what I’ve got to do to get it done."
Shalise Manza Young reports Julian Edelman believes competition only creates better players.
"That’s part of this business. Every year I’ve been here, there’s been pretty high competition at every position and I think that makes guys better when you’re competing. And if you’re afraid to compete probably you're going to be gone," he said. "So there’s definitely a lot of competition and you’re getting better.
"All I can do is worry about trying to learn the receiver position and whatever they want me to do in any other phase of the game."
- Andy Hart takes stock of the Patriots defense by position.
- Andy Hart shares his notes on last week's OTA sessions, noting the focus this time was more heavy on the ground game.
- Patriots Roster Report - The PFW crew breaks down the latest roster moves during a busy week of OTAs. (16.08 min. video)
- Field Yates offers some quick-hit thoughts from the Patriots and around the NFL.
- Mike Rodak continues with the second half of this weekends quick-hit thoughts.
- Field Yates breaks down how the Patriots current 90-man roster was built.
- one-up Tom Brady by milking a cow. (2.03 min. video) tries to
- Field Yates reports on Tom Brady's two-handed touch football game Friday night at Harvard Stadium to benefit the Best Buddies program.
- Christopher Price notes Tom Brady draws a big crowd at his annual 'Best Buddies' game.
- Jason Cook reports on the Best Buddies Challenge, cycling 100 miles in the driving rain and wind, at Craigville Beach last Saturday. Includes pics of the event.
- Field Yates and Mike Rodak listen as Dan Koppen and Nate Solder check in at Tom Brady's Football Challenge.
- Karen Guregian tries to find out what's up with all the fullbacks Bill Belichcik has collected so far this season.
- Christopher Price examines the possibility of the Patriots adding another free agent.
- Nick Underhill reports the Patriots are trying to regain their rhythm with Josh McDaniels back in New England.
- Field Yates projects WR Jeremy Ebert's potential role, especially considering he's been forced to miss OTAs and will miss the June 12-14 minicamp.
- Field Yates looks at several of the players who figure to be O-line staples this upcoming season and evaluates the questions surrounding each one.
- Field Yates points to DB Will Allen as a player to watch this offseason.
- Mike Rodak picks DE Jermaine Cunningham as his player to watch as OTAs continue.
- Shalise Manza Young reports Julian Edelman believes competition only creates better players.
- Field Yates reports Zoltan Mesko, Ron Brace, Chris Koepplin an Alex Silvestro performed some "ZoliOke" for young patients at Childrens' Hospital to kick off his fundraising event.
- Jeff Howe reports Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski and Wes Welker are expected to sing at Zoltan Mesko's charity karaoke event.
- Mike Rodak posts the transcript of his online Patriots chat.
- Mike Cole reports Bill Belichick got the loudest ovation last night at the Celtics-Heat game, out of the many Patriots players in attendance.
- Jeff Howe reports Rob Gronkowski shaves his head to help raise money for cancer research.
- Jeff Howe reports Rob Gronkowski says his ankle is 'feeling better every single week'.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Tom Brady's Football Challenge held at Harvard Stadium Friday night proved to be a successful event once again: Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer have been incredibly competitive during practice and even at Brady's charity event.
- Shalise Manza Young tells us Stephen Neal was inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame this weekend.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East offseason report card: Patriots. B.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Experience vs versatility in battle for Patriots WR spots.
- Adam Schefter (ESPN) Any chance at long-term deal for Welker? (1.06 min. video)
- James Walker (ESPN) Ochocinco's fate sealed with Patriots?
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East cornerback rankings.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: Winning division didn't stop Texans from bold offseason changes.
- Dan Pompei (Nat'l Football Post) NFP Sunday Blitz.
- Evan Silva (ProFootballTalk) Top free agents left on the market.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Burbank could force Goodell to start over on Saints discipline.