Today's Trivia Tuesday will pay homage to the savior of the New England Patriots. No, this isn't another Tom Brady quiz, although I'm getting all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about that. While it's impossible to understate just how much Tommy B has done for this franchise, his contributions pale in comparison to the man who really saved this team: Robert Kraft.
Even the most avid Patriots haters admit that Bob Kraft is one of the best, if not the best, owners in the National Football League. His ability to not only turn around a struggling, inept franchise and transform it into one of the most powerful in the league, but also to promote the NFL on a global level and increase league revenue significantly nationwide has earned him the respect of players, coaches, and fans everywhere. He is one of the primary reasons that we even had a season in 2011, and he did it all in the wake of the death of the woman he had been married to for 48 years. Bob Kraft is much more than some rich businessman who thought owning an NFL team would be fun; he is a lifelong Patriots fan who truly loves this team and this game, and he has dedicated his life to its positive advancement.
All of today's question revolve around Bob Kraft and the Kraft Era of the New England Patriots - an era I hope doesn't end anytime soon.
1. How many owners have the New England Patriots had in their team history?
2. Including his time as team owner, how long has Robert Kraft been a Patriots season ticket holder?
A. 25 years
B. 32 years
C. 41 years
D. 45 years
3. How did Bob Kraft earn his fortune?
B. Paper and Packaging
4. How much did Robert Kraft buy the Patriots for?
A. $75 million
B. $100 million
C. $126 million
D. $172 million
5. How much are the New England Patriots worth today?
A. $1.4 billion
B. $1.7 billion
C. $1.9 billion
D. $2.6 billion
6. In what year did the Patriots make the switch from Pat Patriot to the Flying Elvis as their mascot?
7. What year did Kraft officially open Gillette Stadium?
9. What is the Patriots' win percentage under Robert Kraft?
10. True or False: Russian President Vladimir Putin stole one of Robert Kraft's Super Bowl rings.