Good Energy Training owner Pete Ohnegian can say this about client Devin McCourty: "He really has no limitations at all for his shoulder."
"We don't do rehab here -- that's why I say 'pre-hab' -- but everything is posture-conscious," Ohnegian said. "So even if it's speed work, we're looking at the chest, we're looking at the arm action, we're looking at the shoulder-back and the head neutral. I want to make sure when he leaves here, he's more than ready to go."
With training camp due to start in two weeks, the cornerback works now on strength, mobility and flexibility. He practices coming in and out of cuts. During cone drills, he makes sure he's exploding properly off his plant leg, that his foot is under his shoulder, and his all-around mechanics are good.
Ohnegian mentions McCourty is "naturally gifted" that way.
"If anyone can handle [the struggle and production drop in 2011], it would be Devin. He and his brother haven't changed since high school -- they're just straight-up, first-class young men, completely humble. I wouldn't be surprised if he duplicates his rookie year."
"I think other guys you can attribute it to not working as hard, or getting complacent, or being focused on other things, but none of that is true in his case. That's why I feel like he's going to have a great year."
- Patriots Today - Catching up with the coaches. (2.55 min. video)
- PFW in Progress - The PFW crew discusses the latest Patriots news leading up to Training Camp. (2 hour program)
- Field Yates scouts the Patriots roster: Cornerbacks.
- Jeff Howe examines the team position by position: Specialists.
- Mike Rodak analyzes players on the roster bubble and where they may potentially fit in 2012: G/T Robert Gallery.
- Zuri Berry digs deep in the roster to pick the ten most important Patriots after Tom Brady.
- Mary Paoletti talks about the NFL strength of schedule, the playoffs, and the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss reports Kyle Arrington is hosting a one-day football camp with an underdog theme.
- Zuri Berry reports the Patriots will also hold joint practices with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the third week of the preseason.
- Jeff Howe explains why it's no surprise the Patriots passed on WR Josh Gordon (Baylor) in the supplemental draft.
- Mike Reiss posts the transcript of his weekly online chat. Terrific insight here as usual.
- Mike Cole notes Osi Umenyiora says "people need to relax" about Robert Kraft's video.
- SportsNation (ESPN) Brandon Spikes online chat.
- Tim Graham (Buffalo News) Supplemental draft has produced little in AFC East.
- Tim Graham (Buffalo News) How does the NFL's supplemental draft work? /A day late, but still informative.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) Franchised players near deadline; Brees, Forte, Branch might get deals. Wes Welker = 50/50 chance.
- Chris Burke (SI) With franchise tag deadline looming, still a lot in the air.
- Joel Corry (Nat'l Football Post) Free agency rewind.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) Joy of six: Bills, Rams among six joining parity playoff field; who's in and out?
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Louis Freeh's next task: Investigating the Saints.