"A lot of us have to take the road less traveled for a professional career," Arrington said. "There are a lot of guys under the radar who don’t get the recognition they deserve. I was a late bloomer regarding sports and football. I’m the biggest supporter of kids who put their all into it. If they have the desire and focus, they can go out there and do whatever they want, no matter what the field is. I think it’s a great opportunity to meet the kids, go out with them and see where we’re at."
I had to battle every day," Arrington said. "If I had to think of one specific story, I could sit here all day with you. But I’d say, overall, it was just about staying motivated, work hard, work all the time. If you were sleeping, I’m running. I’m lifting weights. I’m doing something to get better every day, and it’s been like that since high school.
"If you want something so bad, who is anybody to tell you that you can’t get it or you don’t deserve it. And by no means am I content. I still have a lot to work on, and I’m not where I want to be at individually, so I’m still working."
- Paul Perillo analyzes the Patriots roster by position: Linebacker.
- Andy Hart uses a stock rating system as he breaks down each wide receiver on the roster.
- Paul Perillo tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: The nation rests.
- Patriots Training Camp will be open to the public starting Thursday, July 26.
- Andy Hart and Fred Kirsch debate LaDainian Tomlinson's assertion that he'd rather be a Hall of Fame player than to have won a Super Bowl.
- PFW in Progress - The PFW crew discusses the Patriots in the offseason, an NFL team in London and Tom Brady's ranking in the NFL Top 100. (2 hour program)
- Patriots Roster Report - Paul Perillo talks about the latest roster news and notes including the status of Andre Carter. (12.14 min. program)
- Patriots Today - Two Pats help guide NFL rookies. (2.38 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Harrison's legacy shines in NE. (4.12 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Where does Branch fit in? (2.27 min. video)
- Mike Reiss offers some quick-hit weekend thoughts from the Patriots and around the NFL.
- Jeff Howe digs into the background of Nate Solder as he looks ahead to his latest challenge - replacing Pro Bowler Matt Light.
- Jeff Howe reports Nate Solder's former coach "can't say enough about the guy."
- Mike Rodak analyzes players on the roster bubble and where they may potentially fit in 2012: S Sergio Brown - WR Britt Davis - G/C Donald Thomas.
- Jeff Howe points to five players who need to play well in 2012 for the Pats to have another deep playoff run.
- Christopher Price gives us the five best fights for playing time on the Patriots' roster.
- Field Yates scouts the Patriots roster: Wide Receivers - Tight Ends - Tackles.
- Mike Reiss looks at the upcoming training camp competition between Tony Fiammetta and the rest of the fullbacks.
- Christopher Price tells us why Rodney Harrison believes this Patriots team is headed in the right direction.
- Boston.com takes a close look at the Patriots opponents in the upcoming season: Tennessee Titans - Buffalo Bills - Baltimore Ravens - Denver Broncos - Arizona Cardinals.
- Jill Radsken reports Patrick Chung married a Champion this past weekend.
- Mike Reiss posts some soundbites from Former St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa as a guest on ESPN Boston Radio on Friday, on his friendship with Bill Belichick.
- Rich Levine tells us which five current Patriots he would draft to start a basketball team.
- Mark Farinella addresses Robert Kraft's comments that the NFL should have a franchise in London.
- Chris Burke (SI) Offseason breakdown: New England Patriots.
- James Walker (ESPN) Scouts Inc. on the Patriots, AFC.
- Coby Fleener (SI) Guest MMQB: Rookie Symposium; Going to camp.
- James Walker (ESPN) Will Patriots suffer runners-up curse?
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots lead charge in 'Year of Tight End'.
- James Walker (ESPN) Did Joe Flacco outplay Tom Brady?
- PFW Staff (Pro Football Weekly) An NFL insider says Wes Welker is not close to being in the same category as Greg Jennings or Andre Johnson; more.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Backup QB plans: Tim Tebow gives Jets most intriguing No. 2 in NFL. Brian Hoyer in last category.
- James Walker (ESPN) Would Patriots trade QB Brian Hoyer?
- Ryan Wilson (CBS Sports) LaDainian Tomlinson would take Hall of Fame over Super Bowl ring, wouldn't.
- John Clayton (ESPN) Wes Welker contract negotiations. (1 min. video)
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Mailbag: Whining about the Top 100.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Mark Wahlberg no longer can watch Super Bowl at home.