Bigger things expected this season for big man Kyle Love.
One reason these practices benefit the Patriots so much is they are an established program. There isn't a lot of orientation and installation that needs to be done on either side of the ball. Offensively, the quarterback is a veteran, the offensive line is made up of returning players, the skill players have all played in Josh McDaniels' system. The same goes for the defense.
Jeff Howe notes Kyle Love credits Bill Belichck for the opportunity to play and Vince WIlfork and Pepper Johnson for motivation and drive.
"(Wilfork) always gives me really, really great advice. He motivates me to go a little further," Love said. "And I see the look in his eye. He sees a lot in me, so that gives me a little bit more drive."
...Love is set on exceeding expectations again this season, with or without an extension in place. Just two years ago, he was ready to walk away from the game because of an injury that restricted his ability to play at a high level. Now, Love is coming off a big season and trying to further establish his name in the league.
"It’s just about playing with heart and playing hard," Love said. "That’s all I want to do. I want to leave my mark on this game, like, people remember me as ‘Kyle Love, that guy played hard no matter what. No matter what circumstances, if he was hurt, if it was snowing, whatever the circumstance may be.’ Just be a guy that goes out there and competes, don’t let anybody beat me down or anything like that. Just be the enforcer out there."
- Andy Hart and Erik Scalavino debate which second-year player will make the biggest improvement this season.
- The Patriots will host a combined practice session with the New Orleans Saints on Aug. 7-8 before heading to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' headquarters for joint practices August 22-23.
- Patriots Roster Report - Andy Hart and Erik Scalavino break down the latest Patriots roster news before Training Camp. (13.23 min. program)
- Mike Reiss offers some quick-hit weekend thoughts from the Patriots and around the NFL.
- Zuri Berry has 53 burning thoughts and story lines on the 2012 Patriots heading into training camp. The answer to number one is a resounding no.
- Jeff Howe thinks it's possible that, because of their different running styles, Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley could divvy up playing time relatively evenly.
- Jeff Howe details the head-to-head matchup between RBs Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley.
- Christopher Price takes a quick look at how the quarterback position shakes out at the start of camp.
- Shalise Manza Young posts a review of the Patriots Quarterbacks and Tight Ends heading into training camp.
- CSNNE Sports Sunday talks with Albert Breer, who says the development of Chandler Jones will be something to watch for.
- Field Yates gives us an injury update before the start of Training Camp.
- Jeff Howe notes the Patriots have high expectations for the start of Training Camp.
- Mike Rodak analyzes players on the roster bubble and where they may potentially fit in 2012: S Ross Ventrone, TE/DL Alex Silvestro, DE Justin Francis, CB Malcolm WIlliams and WR Julian Edelman.
- Tom E. Curran looks at prospective Training Camp battles: Cornerbacks Kyle Arrington vs. Ras-I Dowling.
- Jeff Howe reports Kyle Arrington and Kyle Love teamed up to host a football camp in Chelsea.
- Alexandra Grace posts the transcript of her Q&A with Zoltan Mesko, co-host of the Inaugural New England Kids Triathlon this past weekend in Cambridge.
- Paul Grimaldi notes Logan Mankins recently bought Richard Seymour's home in North Attleboro.
- Field Yates examines the possibility of the Patriots picking up recently released free agent DL Luis Castillo.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) 2012 NFL Season Preview. New England Patriots 16-0.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Bill Belichick likes challenging his team with joint practices.
- NFL training camp: Ten questions. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Don Banks (SI) 10 Training Camp questions.
- Matt Bowen (Nat'l Football Post) For NFL players, 'summer vacation' is almost over.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: Rested and recharged, I start my annual training camp tour Tuesday.
- Matt Bowen (Nat'l Football Post) NFL training camp: A guide to grading DBs.
- Scott Kacsmar (Cold Hard Football Facts) The truth about the front-running Green Bay Packers.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) NFL says "fired" retired refs actually not fired at all.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) NFL, former refs at odds over training replacement officials.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) NFL's replacement officials would include first female ref.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) A year after lockout's resolution, labor harmony looks anything but peaceful.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) In bounty lawsuit, NFL focuses on players' failure to participate in hearings.