Bill Belichick turns the page to Baltimore.
It's obviously a real good football team, strong in all three phases of the game like they always are. [They] had a big win against Cincinnati in the opener and a hard fought game against the Eagles last week. I'm sure they probably have the same feeling there that we have here. As usual, they've added some good young players to their roster to go with a solid veteran group. They're very well balanced, well coached, like I said, good in all three phases of the game. As always, they're a hard team to prepare for because they do a lot of things and do a lot of things well. We need a good week of practice here and a good week of preparation to go down there and be ready to go. It should be a great atmosphere down there Sunday night like it always is in that stadium. They have a good football environment; [it's] a good opportunity for us.
Josh McDaniels responds to a question about Wes Welker's numbers being down this year.
Wes played a big role for us the other day. I think it just goes back to the fact that we feel like we've got a number of different guys that can contribute and help our offense and have earned the opportunities that they're getting. I think Wes – whatever it was, we threw the ball his way 12 or 13 times or somewhere in that neighborhood the other day and he made a number of big plays for us. Each game plan ends up different. Sometimes we play guys the majority of the game; other times we feel like using some different rotations may give us some advantages, whether that's a matchup that we end up with in the front or a personnel grouping that we expect the defense to give us, or even formationally, ourselves in terms of what we try to do. I think there are a number of factors that go into our game plan every week, but certainly he is going to be a big part of our game plan each week that we go in and play.
Shalise Manza Young tweets some news about the Brian Waters situation.
seeing questions re Waters: NE offered him *significant* pay raise, presumably as last-ditch effort, and he turned it down. this is on him.
- Game Preview: New England Patriots at Baltimore Ravens. Broadcast info, series history, team connections and more.
- Paul Perillo tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: Less of Wes.
- Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft on the passing of NFL Films president Steve Sabol.
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichcik - Matt Patricia - Josh McDaniels.
- Patriot Today - Annual Matt Light shootout. (3.03 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Reaction on Patriots Monday. (3.55 min. video)
- Rich Eisen (NFL.com) Remembering Steve Sabol. (6.47 min. video)
- Karen Guregian reports Deion Branch makes his awaited return to Gillette,and to his intact locker next to Tom Brady.
- Mark Farinella thinks Deion Branch's return might put Brandon Lloyd back into a deep-threat role.
- Christopher Price explains what Tuesday's personnel changes mean for the Patriots offense.
- Karen Guregian reports Vince Wilfork's dedication to changing his body type by focusing on his core muscles and working closely with a nutritionist has helped him feel better then ever.
- Greg A. Bedard asserts the Patriots lost to the Cardinals because of a mind-numbing lack of execution on third down by the entire offense.
- Field Yates explores Ras-I Dowling's disappearance on D Sunday.
- Mark Daniels notes that Bill Belichick believes Ras-I Dowling is progressing, despite not playing a down last week.
- Greg A. Bedard points out how the Ravens have changed since the AFC Championship.
- Field Yates reports the Pats will have to prep for an explosive Ravens offense.
- Mike Rodak notes we can count Matt Light among those who feel Wes Welker's reduced playing time to start this season isn't a big deal.
- ESPN Boston tells us what to expect from Kellen Winslow on Sunday.
- Jim Donaldson still picks the Patriots to win the AFC East despite their loss to the Cardinals and even if they lose to the Ravens in Baltimore.
- Mike Rodak offers some highlights from Matt Light, who held his eighth annual charity shootout Tuesday.
- Mike Rodak notes Rob Gronkowski fires a cannon at Matt Light's charity shootout.
- Mark Daniels Patriots Notebook: Josh McDaniels says Julian Edelman's playing time is simply a reflection of his ability, and Welker's playing time has been a reflection of game-planning; Several players spent their day off at the Matt Light Celebrity Shoot-Out; Matt Patricia notes the Ravens have been running more no-huddle sets; There will be an update on Aaron Hernandez later today.
- Mike Reiss lets us know how some former Pats are doing with their new teams after Week 2.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Report: Brian Waters turned down Patriots pay raise.
- John Parolin (ESPN Stats & Information) Three-point stance: Baltimore Ravens.
- Sean Deveney (Sporting News) Bill Belichick's typical 'do better' refrain applies foremost to Belichick.
- Eric Mangini and Jerry Rice (ESPN) Biggest issue facing Patriots offense. (2.16 min. video)
- First Take (ESPN) Should Brady go to bat for Welker? (6.55 min. video) The real debate? Who is the biggest idiot: Stephen A. or Skip Bayless?
- Mark Sessler (NFL.com) NFL sets record with 20 teams at 1-1, including Patriots.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Coaches adjusting to lack of downfield flags.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday Edition; Mail. Replacement refs, Vilma in the spotlight again after Monday.
- Scott Kacsmar (Cold Hard Football Facts) Captain comeback Week 2: No. 1 quarterbacks to the rescue.
- Kerry Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) Pigskin poet: Steve Sabol dies after battle with brain cancer.
- Charley Casserly (NFL.com) Steve Sabol, NFL Films forever changed how people view sports.
VIEW FROM BALTIMORE
- Ryan Mink (BaltimoreRavens.com) Either Ravens or Pats will be 1-2.
- Jeff Zrebiec (Baltimore Sun) More pressing matters facing the Ravens than revenge talk.
- John Eisenberg (BaltimoreRavens.com) Ravens can't get revenge against Pats.
- Ryan Mink (BaltimoreRavens.com) We'll never forget AFC title loss.
- Matt Vensel (Baltimore Sun) Film Study: Patriots didn't make the most of tight end matchups vs. Cardinals.
- Aaron Wilson (Baltimore Sun) Film Study: Ravens had an identity crisis against the Eagles.
- Aaron Wilson (Baltimore Sun) Harbaugh noncommittal on Pollard's status for Sunday.
- Jeff Zrebiec (Baltimore Sun) Ravens news, notes and opinions.