Field Yates tells us what Jim Nantz and Phill Simms have to say about the Patriots during a conference call with the national media yesterday.
Nantz views the Patriots as a favorite to reach the Super Bowl from the AFC.
"I think the Patriots have only strengthened their team," Nantz said. "If you had to pick one team to be the favorite to take the AFC, you'd start right there in New England. A decisive favorite over the rest of the division, and with what they did with the draft, I think Brandon Lloyd gives them another dimension ... the tight ends. You give them Lloyd, now that gives them a vertical presence that they haven't had since [Randy] Moss's great year. It should be a fantastic year for the Patriots."
Simms, meanwhile, believes Chandler Jones could have a difference-making impact in his rookie season.
"I'm interested to see a lot of things. Of course, preseason again they played it very vanilla, very safe. The offensive line, a little beat up, so that's a little bit of a worrisome thing," he said. "I think though, if you look for, 'Ok, they were what they were last year, what do you like about this year's team?' right away, the guy that jumps out in preseason football to me is Chandler Jones. He was every bit as good as advertised, and it doesn't take much sometimes for an NFL team to go from wherever they are, if it's really good, to great, by having one player make a few more plays. That changes all the situations. He's got a chance to be that guy. There's no doubt about it. I can't wait to see their defense, but I can't wait to watch Chandler Jones this weekend to see how he does against some pretty big, talented veteran offensive linemen of the Tennessee Titans."
- Andy Hart tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: From deep cuts to game time.
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick - Matt Patricia - Josh McDaniels.
- Patriots Today - A look back at Pats-Titans. (2.42 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Evaluating 53-man roster. (3.21 min. video)
- Mike Reiss offers a few quick-hit thoughts on Tuesday's roster moves -- the signing of FB/RB Lex Hilliard and release of C/G Matt Tennan.
- Shalise Manza Young looks into the legend of Rob Gronkowski and believes he's just telling the truth when he talks about his ability to get open, and not boasting.
- Greg A. Bedard believes the seeds of the Patriots' tight end offense started in wake of disastrous 2009 season.
- Frank Dell'Apa reports the Patriots are expecting tactical surprises from the Titans Sunday.
- Karen Guregian sees 2010 draft pick Jermaine Cunningham finally rounding into form.
- Christopher Price tells us what we learned Tuesday at Gillette: Bill Belichcik has a fullback fixation.
- Tom E. Curran wonders what will happen if the replacement refs get better and do well in Week 1, plus 17 more Patriots thoughts.
- Field Yates highlight's Bill Belichick scouting the Titans for reporters.
- Field Yates recaps Tuesday's Q&A with Patriots' coordinators Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia.
- Field Yates evaluates each player on the roster as it stands: Offensive Line - Tight Ends.
- Mike Reiss, Mike Rodak and Field Yates each forecast the running game and how the yards and TDs will be distributed.
- Steve DeOssie, Mike Felger and Gary Tanguay discuss a number of "Facts or Opinions" regarding the Patriots. (5.03 min. video)
- preview the Patriots upcoming season. (3.55 min. video) joins SportsNet Central to
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly Patriots mailbag: Surprise roster cuts have some Pats fans second-guessing Bill Belichick.
- James Walker (ESPN) Scouting the opponent: Tennessee Titans.
- NFL Game Center - Tennessee Titans at New England Patriots. Blast from the past: 2009 Week 6. (1.47 min. video)
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East lagging in Power Rankings.
- Jim Steeq (Nat'l Football Post) How the NFL Kickoff Game came to be.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) When it comes to officiating, NFL wants to change system of entitlement to accountability.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Horse-collar rule will be a point of emphasis in 2012.
- Rand Getlin and Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) Prominent NFL agent Drew Rosenhaus scrutinized for relationship with former financial adviser.
- SI Writers (SI) 2012 NFL Predictions.
- NFP Writers (Nat'l Football Post) 2012 NFL predictions. No Super Bowl love for the Patriots.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) 2012 NFL predictions. Wild Card Broncos over 1st seed Patriots?
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) PFT's Week One picks. Pats over Titans.
VIEW FROM TENNESSEE
- Jim Wyatt (The Tennessean) Titans look to keep lid on New England Patriots. Last meeting was 59-0 blowout at snowy New England in 2009.
- Craig Peters (Titansonline.com) Titans look forward to measuring against Patriots.
- David Climer (The Tennessean) Tennessee Titans put faith in Jake Locker.
- Jim Wyatt (The Tennessean) Titans' Chris Johnson feels like old self.
- Howard Ullman, AP (The Tennessean) Prolific Patriots' offense preparing for Titans.
- Jim Wyatt (The Tennessean) Titans reach injury settlement with Terrence Wheatley.