It's a FUM-BLE! - Jared Wickerham
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 1/01/13
- Erik Scalavino saw no sign of Rob Ninkovich when the locker room was opened up to the media New Year's eve.
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick - Josh McDaniels - Matt Patricia.
- Patriots Today - Inside the winning locker room. (1.39 min. video)
- Patriots Today - No rookie wall for Francis. (3.02 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Recapping Gronk's return. (3.06 min. video)
- Patriots Today - A little work, a little rest. (2.07 min. video)
- Field Yates notes Bill Belichick says his team will spend this week preparing for potential playoff opponents and engaging in self-evaluation.
- Mike Rodak listens to the players talk about their bye week plans, and notes there was no "victory Monday" feeling at the facility yesterday.
- Zuri Berry scouts out the Patriots' potential playoff opponents now that the regular season is done.
- Field Yates previews potential playoff opponents: Houston Texans and Baltimore Ravens.
- Chad Finn skips ahead to January 20th and sees Patriots-Broncos as an inevitable AFC Championship Game classic-in-waiting.
- Jeff Howe details the terrific coordination of the Patriots' rushes that terrorized Ryan Tannehill Sunday. It all worked in harmony.
- Matt Chatham reviews his season-long assertion that turnover differential is the one metric that correlates to winning football. Good read.
- The AP reports the once-shaky Patriots defense finally turns stingy for the playoffs.
- Mike Rodak offers some thoughts on the Patriots' reserve defensive ends who may see more playing time after Rob Ninkovich's injury.
- Mike Reiss analyzes the snaps played by Pats' defenders Sunday. Brandon Spikes’ low total was a result of him playing solely in the base defense, which the team wasn't in often.
- Mark Daniels evaluates Stevan Ridley's fumble-free performance Sunday, and how he made the most of his reps.
- Shalise Manza Young reports Josh McDaniels dismissed suggestions he could be a head coaching candidate, and said he’s focused on the playoffs.
- Christopher Price looks at five key personnel decisions the Patriots will face in 2013.
- Field Yates shares some picked-up notes and observations after re-watching Sunday's win: First half and Second half.
- Mike Rodak issues his Week 17 Patriots Report Card.
- Ron Borges grades the Patriots in his Week 17 Report Card. D-line gets an A+.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Rob Ninkovich escaped serious injury Sunday, when he suffered strained muscles in his left hip, but has a good chance to play on Jan. 13; Josh McDaniels will stay in New England next year; Nate Solder and Ryan Wendell have escaped the injury bug with Solder playing 1,234 offensive snaps and Wendell a league-best 1,379 total snaps including ST reps.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Report: Josh McDaniels tells team he won't interview.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Rob Ninkovich appears to have avoided serious injury.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Patriots' Ryan Wendell led the NFL in playing time.
- James Walker (ESPN) QBR: AFC East struggles.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) With 2012 in the books, every NFL team knows its 2013 opponents.
- Video (NFL.com) The NFL Season in 256 seconds.
- Don Banks (SI) Week 17 Snap judgments: Black Friday's furiously fast firing fest.
- Patrick Imig (Cold Hard Football Facts) Top 10 stories of 2012 NFL regular season.