Bill Belichcik is the man with the plan - Stew Milne-USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 1/10/13
- Patriots-Texans Wednesday Injury Report.
- Erik Scalavino shares his Wednesday practice and locker room notes from Gillette.
- Press Conferences: Bill Belichick (15.22 min. video), Tom Brady (14.35 min. video), Jerod Mayo (7.25 min. video) and Rob Ninkovich (6.57 min. video)
- Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.
- Patriots Today - Perfect attendance on the field. (1.54 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Brady's perspective on playoffs. (3.04 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Mayo prepares for Foster. (3.54 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Gregory opens up about postseason. (1.17 min. video)
- Jeff Howe focuses on the unique bond shared by Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes and Dont'a Hightower.
- Michael Whitmer notes neither the Texans nor the Patriots are putting much value on the game played between them a month ago.
- Field Yates points out that all 22 of the Patriots Week 1 starters remain on the active roster, which is a rarity.
- Steve Buckley emphasizes that the modern-day Tom Brady isn't the postseason lock that he used to be: Brady is 6-6 in his last 12 playoff games. Thanks Steve.
- Field Yates tells us the Patriots brought the rackets back at practice this week, to simulate the length and height of J.J. Watt.
- Mark Daniels reports Houston DE J.J. Watt is excited to get another shot at Brady and the Patriots.
- Field Yates notes J.J. Watt has been using the blowout as a learning tool.
- Field Yates notes Bill Belichick says the playoffs is no time to take a conservative approach: "you've got to go out there and attack."
- Tom E. Curran writes the Patriots are open about the enormity of each decision the players may make Sunday, and Belichick warns they can't be paralyzed by that.
- Danny Picard reports Bill Belichick says it's ridiculous to think any team can replicate the last game it played against another team.
- Mike Rodak notes Jerod Mayo knows that last game could have been a lot closer than it was, and that the Texans will be a good team coming in.
- Field Yates notes Rob Ninkovich discussed the challenges of facing the Texans' athletic offensive line.
- Greg Bedard and Jermaine Wiggins take a look at how the Patriots stopped the Texans running game the first time these two teams played. (4 min. video)
- Mike Petraglia notes Gary Kubiak isn't using a newspaper column as motivation.
- Christopher Price offers a Patriots positional playoff preview: Special Teams.
- Mike Reiss tracks how often the Patriots had Tom Brady in the shotgun, and finds those numbers went down in '12.
- Mike Reiss charts the number of times the defense was in a sub package (five or more defensive backs) versus their base defense for the 2012 season.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Rob Ninkovich (hip) remains on track to play on Sunday's playoff opener against the Texans; Matthew Slater is well aware of the importance of special teams play in the outcome of games; Sebastian Vollmer (knee, back), Nate Solder (abdomen) and Kyle Love (knee) were removed from the injury report.
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots Notebook: Patriots are aware of the risk-reward balance needed between being aggressive and making a crucial mistake; Ninkovich didn't want to talk about his hip, but he's been practicing and will be ready for the game; Brady has been dealing with the defensive paddles at practice again; Injury updates.
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots-Texans II: Respecting Houston.
- John Parolin (ESPN Stats & Information) Three-point stance: Texans.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Admit it: Most of you can't wait for Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning.
- Prim Siripipat (ESPN) Texans vs. Patriots preview. (1.13 min. video)
- Tom Danyluk (Pro Football Weekly) Looking back, thinking head. Pats-Texans preview.
- Don Banks (SI) No shortage of storylines surrounding NFL's elite eight.
- John Parolin (ESPN Stats & Information) History says Texans shouldn't blitz Brady.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Pats list 20 players as injured, limited.
- James Walker (ESPN) Good health didn't help the AFC East.
- Top 5 QBs of 2012. (3.16 min. video) Brady No. 3. (NFL.com)
VIEW FROM HOUSTON
- Nick Scurfield (HoustonTexans.com) Bill Belichick says previous Texans game doesn't matter.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) Two-headed monster awaits Texans’ defense.
- Tania Ganguli (Houston Chronicle) Patriots’ two-TE system double tough on foes.
- Dale Robertson (Houston Chronicle) Texans notes: Ball sits again; Gronkowski will be a problem and more.
- Nick Scurfield (HoustonTexans.com) TE Garrett Graham (concussion) limited in practice.
- Reid Laymance (Houston Chronicle) Key matchups: Tom Brady vs. Danieal Manning.
- Tania Ganguli (Houston Chronicle) Ex-teammates Arian Foster, Jerod Mayo meet again.
- Video (Houston Chronicle) Former Ravens coach Brian Billick previews Texans-Patriots. (1.30 min. video)