New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 1/02/13
- Patriots sign DL Tracy Robertson to the practice squad.
- Patriots Today - Top 10 Home playoff moments. (6.55 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Patriots honor Gil and Gino. (2.02 min. video)
- Field Yates tells us what's on tap as the Patriots players head back to work today.
- Greg A. Bedard reviews the film and notes the Patriots need to work on offense during the bye week. They must get Brandon Lloyd and Aaron Hernandez going.
- Christopher Price breaks down exactly how and why the Patriots have reshaped their offense.
- Mark Daniels notes the Alabama contingent, Donta Hightower and Brandon Deaderick, both came up big for the defense Sunday.
- Paul Kenyon reports Trevor Scott is about to find out what it’s like to take part in the NFL playoffs, five years into his career.
- Michael Whitmer reports the Patriots will practice on Wednesday and Thursday, then enjoy a long weekend, from Friday through Sunday.
- Karen Guregian gives us three reasons for hope that the Pats make it back to the Super Bowl, and three reasons for concern that they won't.
- Kirk Minihane makes the case for Josh McDaniels as the next head coach of the Patriots.
- Field Yates sizes up Rob Gronkowski's 2012 season.
- Field Yates previews potential playoff opponents for the Patriots: Indianapolis Colts.
- Field Yates makes three predictions for the Patriots for 2013.
- Glen Farley sees Brady and the Patriots on a collision course with Manning and the Broncos.
- An editorial in The Republican writes that those who follow the Patriots have grown accustomed to watching their guys in January. It never gets old and it's always the story of the year.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly reader mailbag: Surprise bye leaves Patriots fans little to complain about.
- Christopher Price charts the offensive opportunities for the Pats skill position players. Stevan Ridley leads the team.
- Field Yates lists the roster by position and compares it to Week 1 of the regular season.
- Field Yates tells us where the Patriots finished in a number of statistical categories at the end of the 2012 regular season. First in points scored, total offense, third-down offense, turnover differential and red-zone offense.
- Christopher Price tracks the target breakdown for the NE passing game through the 2012 regular season. Welker on top by far.
- Christopher Price tells us which Pats defenders have done the best job of getting after the QB this season. Rob Ninkovich leads with hits (12) and sacks (8.5).
- Christopher Price tracks the team's penalties through 16 games, sorting them by player, position and player.
- Field Yates helps us catch up with key former players on their new teams.
- Matt Pepin posts some interesting facts and figures about the NFL playoffs.
- Ricky Doyle notes Robert Kraft's purchase of the Patriots was a leap of faith, showing that sometimes thinking with heart sometimes pays off.
- Mark Farinella reports the Patriots' family lost its longest-tenured member when equipment manager Don Brocher, 60, died from the complications of leukemia early Tuesday.
- Mike McDermott reports Tom Brady took his kids to Launch Trampoline Park in Warwick New Year's Eve, owned by Ty Law.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) AFC East spin cycle: Patriots lone division team above .500.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East stock watch.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Pro Bowl quarterback becomes Houston's weak link on offense.
- Ashley Fox (ESPN) Which team looks Super? All Denver all the time.
- Jeffri Chadiha (ESPN) AFC playoffs Q&A: Peyton and Brady.
- SportsCenter (ESPN) Most dangerous AFC team: Tim Hasselbeck picks the Broncos. (1.07 min. video)
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) AFC wild-card playoffs: Deja vu for Bengals?
- Jeff Legwold (Denver Post) Broncos need a win to do it, but some fans already looking at Patriots.
- Jeff Legwold (Denver Post) Opponents may decide to ditch conventional wisdom against Broncos' D.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday edition; Mail.
- Patrick Imig (Cold Hard Football Facts) Top 10 Wild Card games in NFL history.
- Videos (NFL.com) Best bloopers of 2012. (2.39 min. video)
- Dave Dameshek (NFL.com) The Shame Report: Week 17. (5.46 min. video)
- Michael Lombardi (NFL.com) 'Black Monday' a waste of time if teams don't learn right lessons.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Report: Bill O'Brien open to leaving Penn State for NFL.