Matthew Slater and Jerod Mayo find something to smile about at the Pro Bowl. - USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 1/28/13.
- Erik Scalavino looks ahead at what's next for the Patriots.
- Andy Hart and Paul Perillo debate which one player the Patriots should focus on re-signing.
- Mike Reiss shares some quick-hit weekend thoughts from the Pats and around the NFL, including a re-visit of the Matt Cassel to the Chiefs trade.
- Karen Guregian believes the Patriots still have plenty of pieces in place that will keep them contending next season.
- Karen Guregian picks the Best and Worst from the Patriots 2012 season.
- Field Yates posts the Patriots 2012 stats leaders.
- Christopher Price presents ten stats that help tell the story of the 2012 Patriots.
- world’s worst connect-the-dots players. notes football commentary seems to attract some of the
- Steve Buckley warns Tom Brady to beware the Wayne Gretzky syndrome.
- Hector Longo suggests it's time for the Patriots to trade Tom Brady now, to set them up for the future.
- Field Yates reviews three intriguing players the Patriots have on the roster, who didn't play this year but may help in 2013.
- Shalise Manza Young assesses the Patriots roster with an eye toward the 2013 season.
- Field Yates breaks down each position and looks ahead at 2013: Wide Receiver - Offensive line - Tight end - Quarterback - Running back.
- FIeld Yates reviews the Patriots 2012 rookies.
- Nick Underhill takes stock of Brandon Lloyd's first season with New England. He got the job done.
- Mike Reiss passes along some positive injury news for Kyle Love.
- Tom E. Curran notes the Patriots have 18 players set to become free agents on March 12, and speculates on who will be back.
- Christopher Price forecasts which NE free agents will stay, and who will go.
- Paul Kenyon sizes up potential free-agent targets for the Patriots.
- Mike Flynn was thinks the Pats should sign Welker and let Talib walk. (2.06 min. video)
- Christopher Price shares one NFL scout's perspective on a priority list for the Patriots: Wide receiver, safety and pass rusher.
- Gary Dzen looks at the Pats players entering free agency and wonders which ones should stay or go.
- Mike Reiss analyzes the Pats' signing of a second CFL player, Winnipeg Blue Bomber Jason Vega.
- Christopher Price focuses on the Patriots' quest to find pass-rushing talent north of the border.
- Paul Kenyon reports the Patriots have money to spend, but with unconfirmed reports that senior football adviser Floyd Reese is leaving, he wonders who will be in charge of spending it.
- Jim Donaldson says Super Bowl wins are still all about defense.
- Mike Reiss looks at the Senior Bowl from a Pats perspective.
- exit exam. (Football Outsiders) Patriots
- James Walker (ESPN) Mel Kiper re-grades the 2012 draft.
- Staff Report (Pro Football Weekly) Time is catching up to Brady.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Ed Reed could be targeted by the Patriots.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: Are you ready? Super Bowl XLVII week is off and running.
- Barry Jackson (Pro Football Weekly) The Griddys: Honoring the best in NFL broadcasting.
- Staff Report (Sporting News) Super Bowl ranks: Sporting News counts down all XLVI — ahem, 46 — games.
- AP Report (SI) 2013 Pro Bowl recap.
- Don Banks (SI) 2013 Mock Draft 1.0. Pats select S Matt Elam (Florida) at 29.
- Chris Burke (SI) 2013 NFL Draft big board 1.0. Top 40 prospects.