New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 1/31/13
- Tom E. Curran caught up with Willie McGinest in New Orleans, who believes the Patriots defense needs more attitude.
- Tom E. Curran provides more proof that Marshall Faulk is still extremely bitter over the Rams' Super Bowl loss to the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss notes Matt Light tells Marshall Faulk, "Got to move on, baby".
- CSNNE reports former Patriot Willie McGinest scoffs at Marshall Faulk's charge the Pats cheated their way to their Super Bowl win over the Rams, saying that if they had, 'it would have been a blowout'.
- Luke Hughes notes Rob Gronkowski is in New Orleans for the Super Bowl, and he's sporting a protective cast on his left arm.
- Christopher Price looks back at the 10 best plays of the year for the Patriots, one play at a time. First up, Brandon Spikes blasts Bills.
- Luke Hughes reports Chandler Jones will do MMA training with his brother Jon to improve for the Patriots next season.
- Field Yates breaks down each position and looks ahead at 2013: Cornerback.
- Mike Reiss notes Dante Scarnecchia is now the longest active assistant coach with the same team, at 30 years. Wow.
- Mike Reiss shares some thoughts on Chandler Jones, Marshall Faulk and Ed Reed.
- Jeff Howe reports the reason Ed Reed wears a cut-ff sweatshirt around the Ravens facility is because of Bill Belichick.
- Nick Underhill presents an absurdly early look at some wide recievers who may hit the free-agent market.
- Field Yates tells us what he thinks of the latest mock draft picks for the Patriots from CBS Sports.
- Mike Reiss, Field Yates and Mike Rodak look ahead to the futures of Aqib Talib and Wes Welker with the Patriots. (5.31 min. video)
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Fellow Texas Tech alum Michael Crabtree is a huge fan of 'legend' Wes Welker; Rob Gronkowski's cast is bigger than his original one, and he says "he's fine"; Former Pats' DE turned TE Alex Silvestro is back at the Super Bowl this year with the Ravens.
- Bernie Miklasz (St. Louis Post Dispatch) Faulk still reeling from 'being cheated'. Miklasz sagely reminds Faulk of the other factors involved.
- Dan Pompei (Nat'l Football Post) Scout talk: What NFL teams saw in CFL sensation Armond Armstead.
- Jamison Hensley (ESPN) Reed: 'I could definitely play for' Belichick.
- Evan Silva (ProFootballTalk) Ed Reed could "definitely" see himself as a Patriot.
- James Walker (ESPN) Fab 40: Top 40 players in the division. Nos. 21-24 and Nos. 17-20.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Hue Jackson apologizes for introducing Ray Lewis to S.W.A.T.S. owner.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Ray Lewis: PED accusation is "the trick of the devil". Oh puh-leeze. Just make it stop!.
- Joe Fortenbaugh (Nat'l Football Post) Antler spray, fake girlfriends and America.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Kyle Williams "shocked" NFL didn't investigate Giants targeting him.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Rodney Harrison fears the long-term effects of his concussions.
- Staff Report (Cold Hard Football Facts) NFL games account for 55 percent of most-watched TV shows since Sept. 2010.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) 18-game season is "still on the table."
- Rob Rang and Dane Brugler (CBS Sports) 2013 Mock Drafts. Pats pick FS Kenny Vaccaro (Texas) or WR Tavon Austin (West Virginia) at No. 29.