New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 1/04/13
- Erik Scalavino shares his practice and locker room notes from a frigid Thursday at Gillette. All 60 Patriots were in attendance.
- Patriots AFC Divisional Playoff game tickets go on sale to general public on Monday, January 7.
- Press Conference: Tom Brady (7.38 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Spotlight on Woodhead. (3.08 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Previewing potential matchups. (3.23 min. video)
- NFL Highlights - 2012: Best of RB Stevan Ridley (1.23 min. video)
- Michael Whitmer reports Danny Woodhead is playing dependable, productive football, with only four negative-yardage plays this season.
- Jeff Howe reports Tom Brady is hyper-aware that he and the Patriots have to stay in the moment to succeed - it's a play-by-play existence right now.
- Mark Farinella finds it humorous that Tom Brady won't address the fact that he's closer to the end of his career than the beginning.
- Mark Daniels hears from the Patriots rookies, who know they must elevate their play to the next level as the intensity will rise from each opponent.
- playoff bye is still very much a work week in New England and an opportunity for players to get their strength back. Good read. focuses on how the
- Brian MacPherson reports even Belichick admits playoff games really are more important than the others.
Field Yates tells us four things we learned this week from the team. Pats will be watching Wild Card weekend like the rest of us.
- Mike Reiss shares some football thoughts on Andy Reid, Chandler Jones, Josh McDaniels and more.
- Field Yates notes the Patriots' offense was the best in the NFL this year, and looks at how it stacks up against 2007.
- Chad Finn considers the Best & Worst of this season's first 16 games for the Patriots.
- Ricky Doyle revisits Robert Kraft's agreement to move the team to Hartford, Connecticut.
- Ricky Doyle tracks the draft picks used in the deal that secured Bill Belichick as the head coach of the New England Patriots.
- Mike Reiss posts the transcript of his weekly online chat.
- Christopher Price addresses his Patriots postseason mailbag: Breaking down possible playoff opponents.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Gronkowski and Hernandez are getting back into a working flow with each other again; NE was still able to have the league's best offense with only one of them on the field at a time; Brady (rest), Ninkovich (hip) and Hightower (shoulder, hamstring) returned to practice; Pressure was on Ridley at practice yesterday with players on each side of him going all out to free the ball; Ryan Wendell played more snaps than any player in the NFL and felt fortunate to be healthy.
- Michael Vega Patriots Notebook: Tom Brady reflects on the retirement of Ray Lewis, the induction of Stephen Neal into his alma mater's Hall of Fame and the recent death of long-time equipment manager Don Brocher; The next playoff victory for New England will have historical importance for Belichick and Brady; Pats practiced in the frigid cold Thursday.
- Jim Lazar notes there's a lot of worrying about who the Pats will play, but for sure it won't be anyone from New York. Wild Card Weekend picks: Texans, Packers, Ravens, Redskins.
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Joe Flacco among top playoff QBs.
- Doug Williams (ESPN) Ten best NFL playoff games since 2000. No. 6 (2002) Patriots 16, Raiders 13 and No. 5 (2007) Colts 38, Patriots 34.
- Jim Reineking (NFL.com) Wild Card Weekend memories.
- David Barron (Houston Chronicle) Struggling Texans bashed by national analysts, dubbed ‘elephants on parade’.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) 5 traits of an NFL dynasty.
- NFL playoffs: Are you ready to see some speed? (Nat'l Football Post)
- Adam Schein (NFL.com) My championship Sunday: Patriots-Broncos, Seahawks-Packers.
- NFL analysts (CBS Sports) 2012 NFL All-Pro Team. Tom Brady and Vince Wilfork make this team.
- Russell S. Baxter (Cold Hard Football facts) Matter of facts: Seahawks have No. 1 scoring defense.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) Wild Card game rankings: Vikings-Packers main course of weekend.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Wild-card storylines: Who has the edge?
- Elliot Harrison (NFL.com) Wild-card predictions: Cincinnati Bengals upset Houston Texans.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) PFT's Wild Card picks.
- Experts (CBS Sports) Wild Card Weekend Picks.