Houston will have to defend against both Patriots TEs on the field together. - Jim Rogash
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 1/07/13
- Patriots record highest television rating average in franchise history.
- Andy Hart and Paul Perillo debate which player is most poised to enjoy a breakout postseason performance.
- The AP reports Tom Brady understands the urgency as the Patriots enjoy the bye.
- Sunday Conference Call Transcript: Bill Belichick.
- Patriots Today - Branch speaks on what's ahead. (2.29 min. video)
- Coffee with the Coach - Bill Belichick chats with Scott Zolak about the Patriots week 17 win over Miami, the impact of undrafted rookie free agents, and more. (2.56 min. video)
- Patriots All Access - 1/4/2013 episode. (40 min. video)
- BOSE Sights and Sounds: Behind-the-scenes in the Patriots Week 17 game against the Miami Dolphins. (3.20 min. video)
- Mike Reiss gives us his initial reaction to a Patriots-Texans matchup next Sunday in the divisional round.
- Christopher Price gives us a first look at the rematch between the Patriots and Texans.
- Mike Reiss reports Bill Belichick knows there will be new wrinkles from both teams when they face each other a second time in a season.
- Jeff Howe reports the Patriots are planning for a different Texans team for the postseason.
- Michael Whitmer finds that the Patriots are rested, but not relaxed, as they begin to sharpen their preparations for the Texans.
- Paul Kenyon notes the past offers a cautionary tale against overconfidence for the Patriots.
- Jeff Howe charts how the Patriots have performed in the playoffs against teams they played in the regulars season.
- Karen Guregian reports the Texans players have been openly concerned about going up against Tom Brady a second time, and gauging whether he can be that good again.
- Paul Kenyon points out the Patriots will be healthier for their rematch with the Texans.
- Mark Farinella reports Belichick won't let the team take the Texans lightly, and notes Houston will have a few key players back that didn't play in December.
- Michael Whitmer writes the Patriots' first win over the Texans won't mean a thing this week.
- Mary Paoletti points to J.J. Watt and Arian Foster as only part of the Houston 'problem'.
- Tom E. Curran swears 90 percent of New Englanders could hit the lottery and immediately start grousing about the taxes they'll have to pay. Attn: These aren't your 2010 Patriots.
- Mike Reiss shares some quick-hit weekend thoughts from the Patriots and around the NFL.
- Tom E. Curran reviews "Mild" Card Weekend and takes a peek at next week's set of playoff games, which should be more interesting.
- Zuri Berry posts some quick thoughts on how the Texans fared against the Bengals, who were kept 0 for 9 on third down.
- Mike Reiss notes there are 23 players on the current Patriots active roster who played in that Jets playoff loss.
- Field Yates notes the AFC's final four has a familiar feel.
- Mike Reiss posts some links to the stories and stats from the last Houston-New England game, just to kick off the week.
- Christopher Price offers a Patriots positional playoff preview: Quarterback - Running Back - Tight End - Wide Receiver - Offensive Line.
- Mike Reiss highlights Bill Belichick's breakdown of last week's Miami game and how the Patriots defense was able to shut out the Dolphins.
- Ricky Doyle presents a Patriots-Raiders "Tuck Rule Game' slideshow, with New England and Oakland bloggers discussing that classic of a game. (18 min.)
- Mike Reiss shares the football journey of Nate Ebner.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Hightower's playmaking will be key for Patriots in playoffs.
- James Walker (ESPN) Quick take: Texans at Patriots.
- James Walker (ESPN) Texans players, owner talk Patriots.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Texans vs. Patriots: Tom Brady flashbacks still haunt Houston.
- Austin Murphy (SI) Texans stop the bleeding, now return to the scene of the wound.
- Jen Floyd Engel (Fox Sports) Kubiak needs to get it together after ugly win.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: RGIII injury closes the curtain on ugly Wild-Card Weekend.
- Ken Crippen (Cold Hard Football Facts) 2012 Rusher Rating: Adrian Peterson No. 1; Patriots dominate team rankings.
- Joe Fortenbaugh (Nat'l Football Posts) Patriots, Niners open as favorites for Divisional Round.
VIEW FROM HOUSTON
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) Showdown in Foxborough will be the Texans’ biggest test.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) Stakes are higher for Texans this time, but will it matter?
- Dale Robertson (Houston Chronicle) Patriots’ rout of Texans turned on five plays.
- GameDay Final (NFL.com) Kurt Warner and Steve Mariuchi and break down the Divisional Round matchup between the Texans and Patriots. (1.41 min video)