New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 1/09/13
- Game Preview: Patriots vs. Texans. Broadcast info, series history and what to look for in the postseason.
- Erik Scalavino shares his Thursday practice and locker room notes from Gillette.
- Andy Hart tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: Round 2.
- The NFL has announced the New England Patriots opponents for the 2013 season.
- Press Conferences: Vince Wilfork (14.33 min. video) , Matthew Slater (7.13 min. video) and Deion Branch (10.59 min. video).
- Patriots Today - Gearing up for Round 2. (3.15 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Patriots back on the field. (1.35 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Slater has playoff hunger. (1.32 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Spikes & Gronk talk postseason. (3.08 min. video)
- Greg A. Bedard says the Texans can be better vs. the Patriots, but it's up to Matt Schaub and Wade Phillips.
- Jeff Howe says the Pats believe their running game is good enough to pile up yards when necessary.
- Mike Reiss spotlights the Patriots depth at the DE position, especially with Ninkovich limited (hip) and Jones and Cunningham still easing their way back.
- Shalise Manza Young talks about Brandon Spikes' focus this time of year, and his 'go hard or go home' mindset.
- Karen Guregian reports if the Texans want to win, they have to get Arian Foster running, and Vince Wilfork is a huge obstacle to that plan.
- Field Yates notes Vince Wilfork says there's no overlooking Arian Foster and the Texans.
- Luke Hughes says Arian Foster is as dangerous an offensive weapon as there is in the NFL and that should scare the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss notes Matthew Slater is certain the Texans are going to "come in here hungry, and feel like they owe us."
- Mike Petraglia notes Brandon Spikes says it's time to "just leave it all out there or go home. It's that simple."
- Mary Paoletti finds the Patriots are expecting Houston's best this time around.
- Mark Daniels hears from Rob Gronkowski how excited and geared up he is for the playoffs.
- Field Yates notes WR Andre Holmes has been helping the Patriots simulate WR Andre Johnson's height during practice.
- Tom E. Curran reports the Texans coach Gary Kubiak is conscious of the Pats' stout run defense.
- Karen Guregian breaks down each of the Texans' losses and notes that in each loss, RB Arian Foster was held under 100 yards rushing.
- Christopher Price offers a Patriots positional playoff preview: Linebackers - Defensive Line.
- Christopher Price explores whether playoff experience really matters.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly Patriots mailbag: Fresh memories from last Pats-Texans matchup fuel cautious optimism.
- Christopher Price reports Tony Corrente will be the referee Sunday for Pats-Texans.
- ESPN Boston posts a pic of the grounds crew getting the Gillette Stadium field ready for Sunday.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: The Patriots players are expecting to get the Texans' best efforts this Sunday; Deion Branch would love to keep playing in NE, but he knows that decision isn't in his control; Justin Francis was the only player missing from Tuesday's practice.
- Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) What I think the Texans should be thinking.
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots-Texans II: Three sleepers.
- Shalise Manza Young (Sporting News) After his playoff banishment last year, Stevan Ridley takes a run at redemption.
- Arthur Arkush (Pro Football Weekly) 60-second rant: Defining moment for Texans, Schaub.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East salary cap numbers.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday Edition; Mail.
- Staff Report (Cold Hard Football Facts) Top 10 statistical story lines of the Divisional Round.
- Staff Report (Fox Sports) Power Rankings: Can anyone top the Denver Broncos?
- Don Banks (SI) My best and worst preseason NFL predictions.
VIEW FROM HOUSTON
- Dale Robertson (Houston Chronicle) Winning turnover battle vital if Texans to beat Patriots.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) Texans need to finish drives, or they'll be finished.
- Stephanie Stradley (Houston Chronicle) A focus on Texans red zone efficiency and brain matter.
- Reid Laymance (Houston Chronicle) Key matchups: Vince Wilfork vs. Ben Jones.
- Nick Scurfield (HoustonTexans.com) Arian Foster on historic postseason run.
- Conference Calls: Patriots quotes.