A Pats CB holding the ball is always a good sign. - Jim Rogash
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 2/18/13
- Andy Hart and Paul Perillo debate which position should be the Patriots top focus in the draft.
- Patriots Today - Catching up with Gronk. (2.58 min. video)
- Mike Reiss shares some quick-hit thoughts from the Pats and around the NFL: Don't forget about soon-to-be free agent Kyle Arrington.
- Nick Underhill admits he has no idea what Bill Belichick is thinking as he takes a look at a few offseason questions for the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss notes Rob Gronkowski is out of his cast.
- Ron Borges believes Wes Welker should have held out to get paid like he deserves.
- Paul Kenyon says it looks like the Patriots will have some breathing room under the salary cap.
- Mike Reiss talks about Pat Kirwan's piece on CBS Sports, that puts the Patriots in the No. 3 position to dominate in 2013.
- Greg A. Bedard thinks Charles Woodson could be an interesting fit for the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss considers the possibility of Charles Woodson to the Patriots, and the effect that would have on Devin McCourty.
- Christopher Price picks possible free agents who might be a good fit in New England: WR Brian Hartline (Dolphins)
- Zuri Berry takes stock of the top Patriots free agent targets.
- Karen Guregian notes Bill Belichick scouted Vikings WR Percy Harvin in the 2009 Draft.
- Mike Reiss shares what he learned about the 2013 draft from Todd McShay's Friday conference call.
- Doug Kyed sees Robert Woods and Stedman Bailey at the top of the list of WR options for the Patriots in the draft.
- Field Yates looks at two coaching assistants in the Patriots pipeline who could step up if McDaniels or Patricia leave for head coaching opportunities elsewhere.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) Report: Patriots not planning to franchise Wes Welker.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Gronk sheds cast.
- Pat Kirwan (CBS Sports) Power teams for 2013: Five in the best position to dominate. New England No. 3.
- James Walker (ESPN) Should the Patriots trade Ryan Mallett?
- James Walker (ESPN) Eight in the Box: Must-keep free agents.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) Franchise guys. New England: tagging Sebastian Vollmer might make sense for Belichick.
- Lori Pilger (Lincoln Journal Star) Pelini not called to stand as sides rest in Dennard trial.
- Leslie Reed (Omaha World-Herald) Former Husker Dennard takes witness stand, denies punching officer.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Alfonzo Dennard says he did not intentionally hit a police officer.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Offseason Priorities for every AFC team.
- Mike Mayock (NFL.com) Pre-Combine position rankings for 2013 NFL Draft.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) League will add second aptitude test to Scouting Combine.
- NFL Total Access (NFL.com) Biggest free agent risks. (2.01 min. video)
- Staff Report (Sporting News) Joe Flacco tops list of Top 50 NFL free agents.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) Best NFL free agents by position.
- Pat Kirwan (CBS Sports) 2013 NFL Draft: Examining the middle linebacker class.
- Staff Report (CBS Sports) 2013 Top NFL Draft prospects: Defensive End.
- Elliot Harrison (NFL.com) Russell Wilson, J.J. Watt headline NFL.com's All-Under-25 Team. Gronk makes this list.
- Dan Pompei (Nat'l Football Post) NFP Sunday Blitz: How the coaching pipeline works.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Report: Goodell made nearly $30 million in 2011.
- Russell S. Baxter (Cold Hard Football Facts) At a loss when it comes to explaining Super Bowl runners-up.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Super Bowl weather bravado disregards superstition.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Still no progress on HGH testing.