Dont'a Hightower running the 40 at last year's Combine - Brian Spurlock-US PRESSWIRE
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 2/20/13
- Andy Hart tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: Combine queries.
- The Patriots announce the signing of DL Jason Vega.
- Patriots 2013 Mock Draft Tracker. Check out what the 'experts' are predicting the Patriots will do in the first round come draft weekend..
- Patriots Today - Building up to the Combine. (3.51 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Looking back: Mayo at the Combine. (1.18 min. video)
- PFW In Progress - The PFW crew focuses on franchise tags, the Scouting Combine, and more. (2 hour program)
- Christopher Price tells us five things we need to know about how the Patriots approach the Combine.
- Field Yates hears from Patriots director of college scouting, Jon Robinson, who recently spoke about the significance of the Combine and this year's drat class.
- Field Yates explains the transition tag and what options are available for the Patriots.
- Mike Rodak writes how DE Michael Vega's football journey has come full circle.
- Luke Hughes says Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie isn't the Patriots' most attractive option, but he may offer the best value at cornerback.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly reader mailbag: How far will the Patriots go to keep free agent Sebastian Vollmer?
- Victor Barbosa highlights Jason Cole's guest spot on WEEI's Mut & Merloni show. "only one I would even think about' franchising is Welker.
- Mike Reiss follows the whirlwind path of the David Thomas trade, after he was released by the Saints yesterday.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: 25-year-old DE Jason Vega has taken the winding road to the NFL, from Brockton to Northeastern to Winnipeg and now back to play for his home-town Patriots; Alfonzo Dennard could learn his fate today, if the jury reaches a verdict; Zoltan Mesko will hold his 2nd annual "Zolioke" event on June 8th, to benefit the Zoltan Mesko Foundation.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East offseason Stock Watch. Walker scolds Gronkowski for "reckless partying." A little late to the party, eh Walker?
- Kerry J. Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) Big tease: 2012 New England Patriots and NFL's history of offensive failures.
- Leslie Reed (Omaha World-Herald) Jury pushes deliberations to second day in Dennard trial.
- Lori Pilger (Lincoln Journal Star) Dennard case in jury's hands for deliberation.
- Dave Miller (Nat'l Football Post) NFL Combine: Intriguing players to watch.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) How business gets done at the NFL Combine.
- Dane Brugler (CBS Sports) 2013 Combine: 10 players to watch.
- Elliot Harrison (NFL.com) 2013 NFL Draft: Manti Te'o, Luke Joeckel could fit team's needs.
- Russ Lande (Nat'l Football Post) Draft rumblings - What NFP is hearing from around the NFL.
- Josh Norris (NFL.com) Top 10 wide receivers in the 2013 NFL Draft.
- Chris Burke (SI) 2013 NFL Draft big board 2.0.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Holdouts could become a real problem for the NFL.
- Peter King (SI) Free agency this year loaded with talent, not big spenders; mail.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Which players are likely to be franchised?
- Joel Corry (Nat'l Football Post) A breakdown of where all 32 teams stand heading into free agency.
- Zach Berman (Philadelphia Inquirer ) Eagles need stability at safety. Might have an interest in Patrick Chung.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Source: Cap will be north of $122 million.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Competition Committee seeking players' input on low block rules.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Alberto Riveron leaving referee post to become senior director of officials.