Alfonzo Dennard runs through drills at the 2012 Combine - Joe Robbins
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 2/21/13
- The PFW staff posts a schedule of NFL Combine media availability, workout schedule and a brief breakdown of the drills.
- Patriots Today - Looking back: Talib at the Combine. (1.13 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Who's ready for the Combine? (2.55 min. video)
- Field Yates tells us what's on tap for the 2013 NFL Combine kickoff today.
- Mike Reiss gives us a preview of what the Patriots approach to the Combine will be, and the media schedule for the week.
- Field Yates takes us inside the interview process at the Combine.
- Field Yates looks at Ryan Mallett and whether he will continue to pop up in trade speculation, especially considering the QB class in this year's draft.
- Mike Reiss looks at how the Dennard conviction will impact the Patriots.
- Karen Guregian notes Alfonzo Dennard's conviction may force the Patriots to apply the franchise tag to Aqib Talib.
- Jeff Howe reports Alfonzo Dennard will be sentenced April 11th, and looks at the Patriots options going forward.
- Christopher Price explores how Dennard's legal woes could impact the Patriots' offseason.
- Shalise Manza Young reports Patriots CB Alfonzo Dennard was found guilty of assault on a police officer in Nebraska and could face five years in prison.
- Tom E. Curran looks at what's next for the Patriots, following Alfonzo Dennard's conviction.
- Zuri Berry says Dennard's felony conviction now puts the Patriots in a precarious position.
- Greg A. Bedard explains why he doesn't think the NFL will suspend Dennard.
- Alice Cook lists Zoltan Mesko as one of the Hub's most charitable athletes.
- WEEI profiles potential Patriots in this year's draft: CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson (UConn) and DE Sam Montgomery (LSU).
- Leslie Reed (Omaha World-Herald) Jury finds former Husker Dennard guilty of felony assault on officer.
- Lori Pilger (Lincoln Journal Star) Dennard shows no reaction to felony conviction.
- Dan Hanzus (NFL.com) Alfonzo Dennard conviction will be investigated by NFL.
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots have a murkier CB situation.
- Robert Mays (Grantland) Hey, don't F*$% this up: The New England Patriots and the Wes Welker situation.
- Chris Wesseling (NFL.com) New England Patriots reportedly high on Ryan Mallett.
- John Clayton (ESPN) Focus on safety not waning; Mailbag. What is Pats' top priority?
- Joe Fortenbaugh (Nat'l Football Post) The NFL's game of Texas hold 'em is underway.
- Chris Burke (SI) 2013 NFL Scouting Combine preview: Offense and Defense.
- Russ Lande (Nat'l Football Post) Four O-Linemen that NFL teams are excited to see at the Combine.
- Tony Villiotti (Nat'l Football Post) Adding perspective to NFL Combine results.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Pioli signs on with SiriusXM.
- Curtis Crabtree (ProFootballTalk) NFL to be more proactive regarding playing surface quality.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Refs will flag coaches who leave the sideline to argue calls.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Minor cap increase can result in major spending.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) NFL Mock Draft. Pats pick WR Tavon Austin at No. 29.