Miami has the cap space and draft picks for 2013, but Tom Brady makes all the difference. - David Butler II-USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 2/22/13
- Andy Hart scouts the Combine: Tight ends.
- Paul Perillo sees a versatile and athletic group of offensive linemen to choose from in this year's draft.
- Patriots Today - One-on-one with Caserio. (3.13 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Chip Kelley's thoughts on Belichick. (1.36 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Ireland on AFC East, Tannehill. (2.06 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Cleary's impressions of the Pats. (1.56 min. video)
- PFW In Progress - The PFW crew talks about the NFL Combine and much more. (2 hour program)
- Christopher Price explains why the gulf between the Patriots and the rest of the AFC East is widening.
- Mike Reiss focuses on the Patriots and the wide gap in the AFC East.
- Field Yates & Mike Reiss share some quick hits from the NFL Combine, Day 1.
- DJ Bean highlights what happened Day 1 at the Combine.
- Jeff Howe Combine Notebook: Rex Ryan dances around Revis issue; OL Emmett Cleary (BC) is hoping to continue the tradition of BC O-linemen getting drafted; OL Stephane Milhim (UMass) is also hoping to be drafted and shine a spotlight on his alma mater.
- Mike Reiss posts the schedule of head coach and GM interviews today in Indy.
- Tom E. Curran reports Greg Schiano says the fresh start Aqib Talib got with the Pats was "apparently in his best interest."
- Karen Gurigian notes the Patriots' collection of tight ends is among the best in the league, and Jake Ballard can add even more to their flexibility.
- Jeff Howe reports the Patriots are talking to potential linemen at the Combine in case they lose Sebastian Vollmer in free agency.
- WEEI profiles potential Patriots in this year's draft: OT Ricky Wagner (Wisconsin).
- DJ Bean notes how teams hope for a bad Combine for the players they like, so they can catch him when he falls in the draft.
- Karen Guregian tells us Sebastian Vollmer recently underwent an arthroscopic procedure on his knee.
- Jeff Howe reports that according to sources, the Patriots will meet with Kyle Arrington's reps this week at the Combine to discuss a new contract.
- Rich Levine hears Tom Brady is buying property in Chestnut Hill with plans to build a home near the Krafts. Update: The plans have been approved.
- Greg A. Bedard reports the NFL wants to disclose specifics of steroid violations.
- James Walker (ESPN) Is Aqib Talib now a must-sign for Patriots?
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) NFL Scouting Combine: What we learned from Day 1.
- Don Banks (SI) Eagles far from giving up on Foles; more Combine Day 1 snaps.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) 10 takeaways from Day 1 of Combine.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Combine Judgements.
- Ian Rapoport (NFL.com) Dwayne Bowe, Joe Flacco, Darrelle Revis head Combine gossip.
- Staff Report (Nat'l Football Post) Friday buzz: There are no sure bet corners in this draft.
- Russ Lande (Nat'l Football Post) Five linebackers/defensive backs that NFL teams are watching closely at the Combine.
- Russ Lande (Nat'l Football Post) Five D-linemen that NFL teams are watching closely at the Combine.
- Jim Corbett (USA Today) Five players who could blow up at NFL Scouting Combine.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) For NFL teams, Combine is all about the medical tests.
- James Walker (ESPN) Dolphins GM on 'closing gap' with Patriots.
- James Walker (ESPN) Do Wonderlic scores matter?
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) NFL Scouting Combine: Best performances since 2006.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Red flag rule on track to be tweaked.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootBallTalk) NFL considers overhauling the offseason calendar.
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) Impasse between Roger Goodell, NFLPA executive director hurting league's progress.
- Ashley Fox (ESPN) Roger Goodell earned every penny.