Jeff Demps might be able to run for Team USA and the Patriots - Jim O'Connor-US PRESSWIRE
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 2/27/13
- Erik Scalavino tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: Free agent frenzy.
- Patriots Today - Checking in with Pioli. (3.11 min. video)
- Ian Rapoport (NFL.com) The latest on Tom Brady's contract extension and the future of wide receiver Wes Welker. (2.07 min. video)
- PFW in Progress - Tom Brady's contract extension, the top prosepcts in the Combine, potential Patriots and more. (2 hour program)
- Mike Reiss reports RB Jeff Demps' offseason program will include him running track for Team USA in the coming months.
- Mike Reiss still feels Tom Brady's contract is team-friendly, even in the details.
- Jeff Howe explains why Tom Brady's contract is unique, despite the polarizing reaction it has received around the NFL.
- Christopher Price points out how Tom Brady, once again, has put his money where his mouth is.
- Tom E. Curran says that regardless of the media talk, Tom Brady really is giving money back.
- Ron Borges argues that the new contract enriches Brady while making it harder on his teammates to get paid market value for their services.
- Field Yates spells out the details of Tom Brady's new deal.
- Field Yates sees how Tom Brady's new cap number compares with other quarterbacks around the league.
- Christopher Price looks at what's next for Tom Brady and the Patriots, now that the dust has settled.
- Obnoxious Boston Fan writes about Tom Brady restructuring his contract, and believes Gisele deserves some thanks for allowing it to happen.
- Mike Reiss shares a Brady-Bledsoe story told by Scott Pioli that highlights Tom Brady's competitiveness - even as a rookie.
- Luke Hughes reports Jeff Demps plans to return to Track and Field, but wants to play for the Patriots too.
- Christopher Price lists his winners and losers from the 2013 Scouting Combine.
- DJ Bean notes the Patriots can draft a defensive back early, but wonders if they can develop one.
- Field Yates offers his thoughts on the DBs from the last day of the Combine.
- Christopher Price tells us why a relatively anonymous draft class is good for the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly reader mailbag: How will the Pats spend all that cash?
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Gronkowski's arm infection is just a fluke thing that had nothing to do with partying; Dr. Ben Wedro explains how it happens; Pats are not actively shopping Ryan Mallett at this point; Jeff Demps informed the team he would like to be a two-sport athlete.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Brady, Pats deal benefits both sides.
- Will Brinson (CBS Sports) Give Tom Brady credit for putting Patriots first in new deal.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday edition - More on Tom Brady's amazing deal; Mail.
- Ian Rapoport (NFL.com) Tom Brady contract might allow Patriots to target big wideout.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Tom Brady gets $30 million to sign.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Patriots' old formula can deliver Super Bowls under aging Tom Brady.
- Gregg Doyel (CBS Sports) Settle, people: Brady's more smart than unselfish with new deal.
- Rich Cimini (ESPN NY) Brady's new deal and how it impacts Jets.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East offseason stock watch.
- James Walker (ESPN) Is Rob Gronkowski too injury-prone?
- James Walker (ESPN) Additional free-agent options for Patriots.
- James Walker (ESPN) Should Patriots trade their first-round pick?
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) NFL Scouting Combine: What we learned Tuesday.
- Russ Lande (Nat'l Football Post) The DB's who shined in Tuesday's Combine, and those who didn't.
- Chris Burke (SI) 2013 NFL Draft position rankings, post-combine: Offense and Defense.
- Gallery (Fox Sports) NFL Scouting Combine winners and losers.
- Rich Eisen (NFL.com) Fans challenge Rich Eisen in the 40-yard dash. (2.17 min. video)
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Nine days in and no tags yet.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Cap could now be above $123 million.
- Joel Corry (Nat'l Football Post) Tom Brady did so on Monday. So which NFL player will be next to rework his current deal?
- Judy Battista (NY Times) NFL will use iPads to expand in-game concussion testing.