In the Pre-Combine mocked, I warned the Combine would change things. And boy did it ever.
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan
The natives were restless for a QB(no pun intended) and they got a Smith. Just not Geno. Now they try giving Alex comparable help to what he had in San Fran. While Joeckel may be the safer pick, Fisher has the higher upside.
Plan B: Luke Joeckel, LT, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
They want to run a hybrid 34/43. While I think Jordan is the better 34OLB, Mingo may be the safer hybrid but with upside that Moore and Werner lack.
Plan B: Shariff Floyd, DT/DE, Florida
3. Oakland Raiders – Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
Ansah looks like the best 43DE in the draft. His upside is through the roof.
Plan B: Shariff Floyd, DT/DE, Florida
4. Philadelphia Eagles –Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
Chip Kelly has a chance at his man and he takes it.
Plan B: Luke Joeckel, LT, Texas A&M
5. Detroit Lions –TRADE
Arizona Cardinals – Geno Smith, QB, WVU
They get their guy. Lions refuse the Bills offer because they want a shot at Joeckel and still come away with Arizona's 3rd round pick.
Plan B: None
6. Cleveland Browns - DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama
His ball skills aren't what you would like for a top-10 pick but his cover skills are great. Milliner and Hayden will make for a good duo.
Plan B: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
7. Detriot Lions, from Arizona Cardinals
Luke Joeckel, LT, Texas A&M
His fall doesn't last long. The Lions are looking to the future. They also firmly believe that they can find a good CB or DE/OLB on Day 2 of the draft.
Plan B: Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
8. Buffalo Bills - Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Just because Ryan Nassib's old HC is now the HC in Buffalo doesn't mean he's getting the job.
Plan B: Kenny Vaccaro, SS, Texas
9. New York Jets –TRADE
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
Tampa isn't going to risk it as both the Titans or Chargers could spoil their plans. They ship their 3rd and 5th round picks to the New York Jets to make sure they have at least one good CB on the roster.
10. Tennessee Titans – Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
They need to get stronger in the trenches on both sides of the ball.
Plan B: Jonathan Cooper, OG, NC
11. San Diego Chargers – Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma(Unchanged from last mock)
Phillip Rivers needs help and OTs like Joeckel, Fisher, and Johnson don't come around every day. They grab him up.
12. Miami Dolphins – Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Miami goes for a WR? Who saw that coming?
13. New York Jets from Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
There are high-fives happening in the war room.
14. Carolina Panthers – Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri(Unchanged from last mock)
Carolina goes for a DT? Who saw that coming? I had them taking one last year.
15. New Orleans Saints – Star Lotutulei, NT, Utah
The Saints know there's some risk here, but they are confident it is as minimal as the upside is immense.
16. St. Louis Rams – Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina(Unchanged from last mock)
St. Louis goes for OLine? Who saw that coming?
17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Jesse Williams, NT/DT, Alabama
Steelers go for a NT. Don't act surprised.
18. Dallas Cowboys – Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
Ware gets some help. Big time.
19. New York Giants –Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
20. Chicago Bears -Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame(Unchanged from last mock)
They don't care about the 40 time.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas(Unchanged from last mock)
They would have gone for Olgetree but the latest off-field incident has scared off a lot of teams.
22. St. Louis Rams, from Washington Redskins - Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State(Unchanged from last mock)
Laurinatis needs some help.
23. Minnesota Vikings - Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
24. Indianapolis Colts - Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
He needs to stop falling sooner or later.
25. Seattle Seahawks - Brandon Williams, DT/NT, Southern Missouri
Here's your annual !-pick. He climbs over Jonathans Jenkins and Hankins.
26. Green Bay Packers - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame(Unchanged from last mock)
Quick, what are his initials? Jermichael Finley should get nervous.
27. Houston Texans - Alec Olgetree, LB, Georgia(Unchanged from last mock)
The Texans were exposed at LBer after Cushing went down. They trust Cushing, Watt, and Smith will keep him in line.
28. Denver Broncos - Jonathan Jenkins, DT/NT, Georgia
He'll compliment Wolfe nicely.
29. New England Patriots - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
30. Atlanta Falcons - Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia
They think they can get some good solid production out of him throughout his rookie contract. The drop stops, and it stops in Georgia.
31. San Francisco 49ers - Eric Reid, S, LSU
32. Baltimore Ravens - Kevin Minter, LB, LSU(Unchanged from last mock)
Let's not act surprised.
33. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jonathan Hankins, DT, OSU
They stop his fall and suddenly have a much more talented DL.
34. San Francisco 49ers, from Kansas City Chiefs - Sylvester Williams, DT/DE, North Carolina(Mostly unchanged from last mock)
Did you see what happened to the Niners-D when Justin Smith went down?
35. Philadelphia Eagles - Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
His fall stops. Asomugha and Rodgers-Cromartie are the past.
36. Detroit Lions - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
Lions take on a bad boy? Say it ain't so.
37. Cincinnati Bengals - Tavon Austin, WR, WVU
A very solid compliment to AJ Green. Ben Tate is no longer needed.
38. Arizona Cardinals - Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
The got Gino Smith. Now they have got to find him some protection.
39. New York Jets - Alex Okafor, DE/OLB, Texas
They missed out on the top-3 in round 1. They make up for it here.
40. Tennessee Titans -Tank Carradine, DE/OLB, Florida State
His ratio of arm-length/bench-press impressed me. If he can at least post a respectable 40-time for someone coming off an ACL tear he could go higher.
41. Buffalo Bills - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson(unchanged)
That QB they went out and got now has some more firepower.
42. Miami Dolphins - Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State(unchanged)
Miami goes CB? Not shocking.
43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Kawaan Short, DT, Purdue(unchanged)
McCoy gets some help on the inside.
44. Carolina Panthers - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
Cam Newton is a happy man.
45. San Diego Chargers - Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
Gates needs a successor and Rivers needs another weapon.
46. St. Louis Rams - Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International(unchanged)
Rams get a S? Not surprising.
47. Dallas Cowboys - D.J. Fluker, RT, Alabama(unchanged)
Tyron Smith finally meets his counter-part.
48. Pittsburgh Steelers - Matt Elam, S, Florida(unchanged)
Because Polamalu/Clark aren't getting any younger. Although that Eddie Lacey is quite tempting here.
49. New York Giants - Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers(unchanged)
Help to the LBing group.
50. Chicago Bears - Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
Their OLine was a joke long before Webb got arrested. They get a mauler.
51. Washington Redskins - David Amerson, CB/S, NC State
They need all the help they can get back there.
52. Minnesota Vikings - Bennie Logan, DT, LSU
Their D could use some help upfront.
53. Cincinnati Bengals - Giovani Bernard, RB, NC
Because while the Lawfirm may be cool, he's not explosive.
54. Miami Dolphins - Kyle Long, RT, Oregon
Jonathan Martin looks more like a LT. Now they get a guy that looks more like a RT.
55. Green Bay Packers - Barrett Jones, OC, Alabama
Aaron Rodgers will be a happy man. They went all D last draft and start to majorly make up for it.
56. Seattle Seahawks - Dallas Thomas, OL, Tennessee(unchanged)
Could be a versatile player for them.
57. Houston Texans - Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
With all due respect to Kevin Walter....
58. Denver Broncos - Eddie Lacey, RB, Alabama
They grabbed some run-D in the first round and some run-O in the second round.
59. New England Patriots - Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
A troubled WR with undeniable talent. He knows he cost himself a lot of money, so he goes to New England where he'll get some time to prove he is just as good as Julio Jones.
60. Atlanta Falcons - Sio Moore, LB, UConn
Sean Weatherspoon is a happy man.
61. San Francisco 49ers - Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
Why not? Culliver and Rogers aren't bad but aren't exactly great.
62. Baltimore Ravens - DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina
Another member of the deep Safety class.