Texans still haven't caught their breath after the Patriots up-tempo assault - David Butler II-USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 2/28/13
- Patriots 2013 Mock Draft Tracker: Check out what the 'experts' are predicting the Patriots will do in the first round come draft weekend.
- Ian Rapoport (NFL.com) Jeff Demps to return to track and field. (.30 sec. clip)
- Jeff Howe reports the Alex Smith to the Chief's trade, has set the market for Ryan Mallett and the Patriots.
- Field Yates focuses on the trickle-down effects of the two major quarterback transactions that occurred in recent days.
- Jim Donaldson sees Tom Brady's new contract as a demonstration that winning is what matters.
- Zuri Berry explores whether or not the Patriots should drop Brandon Lloyd and why.
- Ron Borges suggests the Patriots leaked out stories trashing Brandon Lloyd while preparing to dump him.
- Field Yates breaks down the Patriots roster by draft round.
- Christopher Price notes that when it comes to scouting WRs and DBs, the Patriots have traditionally put a lot of emphasis on the 3-cone drill.
- Mike Reiss gives his thoughts on Don Banks' mock draft that has the Patriots pick up a big presence along the defensive line.
- Mike Reiss analyzes the lastest mock draft selections of Clark Judge and Pete Prisco for the Patriots in the first round.
- Jeff Howe reports Zoltan Mesko is one of 22 players participating in the NFL's Pro Hollywood Boot Camp, intended to help players prepare for life after football.
- DJ Bean notes Terrell Suggs was a guest on The Big Show and he guarantees "the other 31 teams hate the New England Patriots".
- Kevin Dupont and Greg Bedard debate whether Tom Brady proved he cares more about winning than money. (2.52 min. video)
- Andy Gresh, Dan Shaughnessy and Fred Toucher all tell Tom Brady to "bleep you" and "screw you" because he just screwed every other NFL player by taking less than market value. (2.52 min. video)
- Arthur Arkush (Pro Football Weekly) With Brady deal, Pats again a step ahead.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) Where should Patriots devote their added salary cap space?
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Tom Brady steering clear of contract talk.
- David Whitley (Sporting News) Tom Brady only has Pats in mind as he takes one for the team.
- Michael Silver (Yahoo! Sports) Tom Brady's generous gesture worthy of scrutiny.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) Brady deal shouldn't impact Flacco's big payday.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) Tom Brady: "We all make way more than our fair share".
- James Walker (ESPN) Will Brady's extension affect Ryan Mallett?
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) Time for Patriots to ditch low-ball approach and give Wes Welker his deserved big payday.
- Staff Report (Dallas Morning News) Analyst: Why Patriots G Donald Thomas should be Dallas Cowboys' top target in free agency.
- James Walker (ESPN) Are Patriots the NFL's most hated team?
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) RFA market should be active this year, in theory.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) "Cash over cap" is a short-sighted way to justify spending sprees.
- Russ Lande (Nat'l Football Post) 14 players who helped their Draft stock most at Combine.
Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) Five notes from the 2013 Combine: Trends you might not have seen.
- Dan Pompei (Nat'l Football Post) A look at the prospects who were all-star interviewees at the NFL combine.
- John Clayton (ESPN) Combine observations: We learned plenty this year in Indy.
- Don Banks (SI) 2013 NFL Mock Draft 2.0. Patriots select DT Sylvester Williams (North Carolina).
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) NFL Mock Draft 2013. Patriots pick CB Desmond Trufant (Washington).
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) NFL Mock Draft. Patriots pick CB David Amerson (NC State).
- Doug Farrar (Yahoo! Sports) Post-combine mock draft. Pats select WR Tavon Austin (West Virginia).
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Mock No. 2. Pats pick WR Justin Hunter (Tennessee).