Too bad the Patriots don't have a running game. - Elsa
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 3/01/13
- Andy Hart mentions the recent meeting between the Patriots and former Chargers GM A.J. Smith.
- Patriots Today - Meet Christy Berkery. (2.03 min. video)
- PFW In Progress - The PFW crew discuss Tom Brady, Brandon Lloyd, the NFL Draft, and more. (2 hour program)
- Jerry Spar recaps Heath Evans speaking the truth about Terrell Suggs and the mediots criticizing Brady when they don't know what they're talking about. Preach it Heath!
- Tony Massarotti says Tom Brady is smart enough to know he cannot win alone, and the team will be better with more talent around him.
- The Providence Journal shares what some of the reactions are around the league to Brady's new contract.
- Bill Littlefield shares his perspective on the the Patriots striking a bargain with Brady.
- Greg A. Bedard does the figuring for us: New England has about $25 million in cap space, which should be in the top 10 in the NFL.
- Jeff Howe reports the Patriots will have room to work under the finalized salary cap. Currently, the Pats are $25 million under.
- Christopher Price looks at which Patriots are next in line to receive new contracts?
- Mike Reiss focuses on where Armond Armstead fits on the line.
- Paul Kenyon believes the secondary is still a primary concern for the Patriots.
- Field Yates talks about what's next for teams now that the Combine is over.
- Mike Reiss posts the transcript of his weekly Patriots chat.
- WEEI scouts potential Patriots in this year's draft: DE Ezekiel Ansah (BYU).
- DJ Bean offers his post-combine mock draft. Patriots take CB Xavier Rhodes (Florida State).
- Chris Gasper and Amalie Benjamin discuss whether the Patriots care if every NFL team hates them. (2 min. video)
- Chris Gasper and Greg Bedard speculate how long Bill Belichick will coach the Patriots. (2 min. video)
- Herald Inside Track posts a pick of Zoltan Mesko proving he's not the only Patriot who likes to take his shirt off... or pose with props.
- The AP notices that the Scouting Combine shows the NFL's global progress.
- Don Banks (SI) New England Patriots 2013 offseason preview.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) New England needs Welker, not as much as Welker needs Patriots.
- Staff Report (NFL.com) 31 Reasons why NFL teams hate the Patriots.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) Patriots, 49ers put themselves in position for bountiful offseason.
- Jeffri Chadiha (ESPN) Patriots' best years are behind them. Need to up those page hits by end of the month, eh Jeffri?
- Albert Breer (NFL.com) NFL QB salaries cause teams to make difficult decisions.
- Judy Battista (NY Times) An NFL payday, now a bit cheaper.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Salary cap sits at $123 million precisely.
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots should rule out RB Steven Jackson.
- Gary Myers (NY Daily News) NY Jets don't want to see Darrelle Revis play out contract, then join rivals Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and Patriots.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Trading Revis keeps Jets from losing him to Pats.
- Brian Hall (Fox Sports) New rule will alter free-agent negotiations. GMs will be able to negotiate with agents three days before the March 12 start.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Top 85 free agents: Mike Wallace heads best available.
- Chris Wesseling (NFL.com) Free agency primer: Ranking the top pass rushers.
- Joe Fortenbaugh (Nat'l Football Post) Top 50 free agents of 2013.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Post-NFL Scouting Combine: 7 big takeaways.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Post-combine mock draft. Patriots select S Matt Elam (Florida).
- Staff report (Nat'l Football Post) NFP Friday buzz.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Another look at NFL.com and white wide receivers.