Marquice Cole is set to hit free agency tomorrow. - Timothy T. Ludwig-US PRESSWIRE
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 3/11/13
- Andy Hart notes former Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien reflects on his time in New England in a return to Gillette Stadium.
- The PFW crew debates who the Patriots top target should be when free agency opens.
- Patriots Today - On the brink of free agency. (4.02 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Bill O'Brien checks in. (1.43 min. video)
- Mike Reiss offers some quick-hit weekend thoughts from the Patriots and around the NFL
- Mike Reiss shares a few notes and thoughts from the first day of the "legal tampering period" of free agency.
- Karen Guregian looks at which big-spending teams could jump in ahead of the Patriots and woo away some of their targeted free agents.
- Christopher Price explains the six different types of contracts that will get done once free agency gets underway.
- Mike Reiss finds that by planning ahead, the Patriots are well positioned as free agency opens.
- Rich Levine humbly presents the city of Boston's 5000th column about Wes Welker and the Pats.
- NESN reports Wes Welker had drawn interest from the Dolphins during the tampering period.
- Karen Guregian notes Kyle Arrington would like to stay with the Patriots and would to see Aqib Talib return as well. Arrington's versatility will increase his value to other teams.
- Christopher Price mentions the reports linking Patriots' interest to Sean Smith and Josh Cribbs.
- Tom E. Curran looks at impending free agents by position, and how them might fit in with the Patriots needs: Defensive line.
- Mike Reiss looks at potential free-agent fits for the Patriots by position: Linebacker - Quarterback - Running back - Tight end.
- Field Yates reviews the Patriots free agents beyond the Big 3: Deion Branch - Tracy White - Marquice Cole.
- Field Yates previews four veteran DBs who became free agents Friday.
- WEEI scouts the draft: CB Desmond Trufant (Washington) and DE Alex Okafor (Texas).
- Christopher Price takes a look back at the 20 finest free agent moments of the Bill Belichick era in New England.
- Jerry Thornton joins Felger and Mazz to discuss the Patriots off season plan.
- Brendan Hall posts a Q&A with Bill O'Brien, the keynote speaker at the 2013 New England Football Coaches Clinic at Gillette Stadium on Friday.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: Some things to expect as free agency gets set to open.
- Mike Wilkening (ProFootballTalk) Report: NFL warns teams on striking deals before Tuesday.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) New NFL memo contradicts plain language of revised rules.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Teams using three-day period to apply leverage.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Another theory for the early boredom.
- Dan Pompei (Nat'l Football Post) Sunday Blitz: It's a wide receiver world, and lots of free agency talk.
- Chris Burke (SI) Darrelle Revis situation made murkier by deep crop of free-agent corners.
- Peter King (SI) Top 50 free agents 2013.
- Chris Wesseling (NFL.com) Will Wes Welker 'stick it' to New England Patriots?
- Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) Mike Wallace getting interest from teams (no surprise.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Report: Patriots have "some interest" in Mike Wallace.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Harrison quickly changes his tune about the Patriots.
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) Mike Wallace in, Percy Harvin out for Vikings? "Harvin threatened to walk out on the team last offseason after hearing that former Florida teammate Aaron Hernandez received a contract extension after only two years."
- Mary Kay Cabot (Cleveland Plain Dealer) Two potential QB targets are no longer available for Cleveland Browns. Source expects Browns to try to trade for Ryan Mallett.
- Geoff Mosher (CSN Philly) Source: Eagles interested in Danny Amendola.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Some teams cutting it very close on the salary cap.