DE Trevor Scott is set to hit free agency this afternoon. - David Butler II-US PRESSWIRE
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 3/12/13
- Andy Hart notes that according to a report, the Patriots 'show some interest' in Mike Wallace.
- Patriots Today - Ryan Wendell reads to young fans. (2.59 min. video)
- Jeff Howe says this year's free agency period is a buyer’s market, and he expects the Patriots to be players.
- Greg A. Bedard offers his thoughts on the Patriots on the day free agency opens. They have some very good pieces in place.
- Greg A. Bedard puts together a needs-based depth chart for the Pats.
- Erik Frenz shares his free agency wish list for the Patriots.
- Greg A. Bedard offers his thoughts on Harvin, Talib, the free agent CBs, collusion, and more.
- Paul Kenyon believes the Patriots can make a splash in this ample free-agent talent pool.
- Jeff Howe reports Robert Kraft once again voiced his desire for Welker to remain a Patriot.
- Gerry Callahan writes Wes Welker is on his way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the Patriots should pay him, now, and find someone else to mess with.
- Andrew Mooney looks at the numbers to determine just how integral Wes Welker has been to the New England passing attack since his arrival.
- Kirk Minihane explains why the Patriots need to sign Wes Welker.
- Christopher Price gives thumbnails seven potential suitors for Wes Welker.
- Tom E. Curran reports Kyle Arrington had been contacted by four teams as of Sunday evening.
- Jeff Howe tells us why the Patriots were never in the running for Anquan Boldin.
- Field Yates reviews the Patriots free agents beyond the Big 3: Trevor Scott.
- Jeff Howe spotlights the Patriots roster by position, in advance of free agency: Wide Receivers - Tight Ends - O-Linemen - D-Linemen - Linebackers - Cornerbacks - Safety - Specialists.
- Mike Reiss looks at potential free-agent fits for the Patriots by position: Wide Receiver and Offensive Line.
- Tom E. Curran looks at impending free agents by position, and how them might fit in with the Patriots needs: Offensive line.
- Mike Rodak reports the Patriots will start their offseason program April 15th.
- WEEI scouts the draft: DE Margus Hunt (SMU) and CB Micah Hyde (Iowa)
- Staff Report (Pro Football Weekly) New England Patriots: 2013 team needs.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) Tom Brady to play past 40? Patriots owner thinks so.
- James Walker (ESPN) Do Patriots have Wes Welker insurance?
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Robert Kraft: I want Wes Welker to be a Patriot for life.
- Dan Hanzus (NFL.com) Report: Patriots want to get Aqib Talib deal done soon.
- Mike Garafolo (USA Today) Redskins set sights on Aqib Talib.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballFocus) Redskins may try to out-bid Patriots for Aqib Talib.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East free-agency primer.
- Clifton Brown (Sporting News) NFL free agency Q&A: Playmakers, future stars and top story lines.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) Free-agency forecast: Expect more trades with underwhelming class.
- Joel Corry (Nat'l Football Post) 10 free agents to monitor starting Tuesday.
- Albert Breer (NFL.com) NFL memo successfully keeps pre-free agency period quiet.
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) Plenty of cheaper options at cornerback if teams shy away from pursuing Darrelle Revis.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) Which teams will spend in free agency? Pats ranked 7th out of 32.
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) Worst free-agent signings since '93: Redskins, Raiders dominate list.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Brees concedes athletes "probably" make too much money.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA, NFLCA settle their mutual lawsuits.