Tom Brady is the only Patriot who is not expendable. - Jared Wickerham
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 3/13/13
- Andy Hart tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: Making a splash?
- Erik Scalavino reports the Patriots lost Patrick Chung to the Eagles.
- Patriots Today - Get to know Deion Branch. (2.02 min. video)
- PFW In Progress - The PFW crew talk free agency. (2 hour program)
- Mike Reiss wraps up the first day of free agency with some quick-hit thoughts. Feels like deja vu as the Pats practice patience.
- Christopher Price breaks down the first day of free agency from a Patriots perspective.
- Greg A. Bedard posts a running NFL free agency thread to try and keep up with what's going on.
- Mike Reiss offers some initial thoughts after 'surviving' the four-hour frenzy to open free agency.
- Nick Underhill reports the Patriots made no moves as the NFL's meat market opened.
- Paul Kenyon notes the Patriots had a quiet first day of free agency.
- Tom E. Curran believes there is no need for a Patriots overhaul.
- Christopher Price updates us on Josh Cribbs, Danny Amendola and how their situations might affect the Wes Welker sweepstakes.
- Mike Reiss shares Scott Pioli's perspective on the Patriots' negotiations with Wes Welker.
- Tom E. Curran reports that for the first time in his career, Wes Welker is an unrestricted free agent.
- Karen Guregian reports Wes Welker and the Patriots remain in contract limbo as the two sides were "miles apart" by the open of free agency.
- Bill Reynolds warns Wes Welker to look out for himself, because no one else is going to.
- Greg A. Bedard notes the Patriots tender Hoomanawanui. He'll get $1.323 million this season.
- Mike Reiss reports Pat Chung signed with the Eagles, in a move that doesn't come as a surprise.
- Ron Borges sees Miami finally figuring out how to get after the Pats, by spending the money to give Ryan Tannehill the best group of receivers in the division.
- Shalise Manza Young reports the Patriots were serious players for DT Desmond Bryant yesterday, but lost out to the Browns.
- Tom E. Curran looks at impending free agents by position, and how them might fit in with the Patriots needs: Receivers.
- Chad Finn tells us five players the Patriots should try to sign in free agency, and five they should not.
- Christopher Price picks the 12 worst free agent signings of the Bill Belichick era.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: The Browns and Buccaneers have expressed interest in Ryan Mallett; Pats have yet to make a move on Aqib Talib and Kyle Arrington; Pats are interested in Chris Houston and Sean Smith.
- Nick Underhill posts the transcript of Bill Belichick's first Q&A session on Twitter. No, seriously. This happened.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Someone at NFLN doesn't like talking about Bill Belichick.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Report: Wes Welker deal with Patriots "isn't anywhere near close".
- Mike Jones and Mark Maske (Washington Post) Redskins’ free agency starts quietly: Aqib Talib still in play.
- Peter King (SI) Wallace makes sense in Miami, plus more from free agency.
- Chris Burke (SI) NFL free agents tracker, grades.
- Joe Fortenbaugh (Nat'l Football Post) The NFP's top-25 players still available at the conclusion of the first day of free agency.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) Let the recruiting wars begin!
- Laces Out Crew (Fox Sports) Tuesday was not a good day for Ryan Fitzpatrick.
- James Walker (ESPN) Examining Kiper's mock draft 3.0. Pats select CB Xavier Rhodes (Florida State).