Still Vaiting on Vollmer - Timothy T. Ludwig-US PRESSWIRE
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 3/18/13
- Erik Scalavino analyzes the release of Brandon Lloyd after reportedly being unable to re-work the receiver’s contract.
- Field Yates reports the Patriots signed free agent OT Will Svitek to a one-year deal.
- Jeff Howe tells us where the Patriots stand, with the majority of their cap space spent, and what they have left to do.
- Christopher Price looks at whether the Patriots are better off now than when free agency began.
- Mike Reiss shares some quick-hit weekend thoughts from the Patriots and the NFL.
- Christopher Price shares some thoughts on the Patriots free-agent activity from Saturday.
- Greg A. Bedard shares his thoughts on Talib, Wilson and the state of Patriots free agency.
- Shalise Manza Young reports as the comings and goings continued for the Patriots on Saturday.
- Tom E. Curran explains exactly why the Patriots are better poised to stay among the AFC elite than any other team currently in the AFC elite.
- Jeff Howe assesses at the ups and downs of the first week of free agency.
- Nick Underhhill serves up some leftover thoughts on the Patriots after the first week of free agency.
- Karen Guregian talks about Josh McDaniels' influence in the offensive players picked up by the Patriots, but his batting average hasn't been great.
- Christopher Price sifts through the reasons for Brandon Lloyd's release and wonders if he'll return.
- Field Yates resets the Patriots roster in the secondary and offers some thoughts on the Aqib Talib signing.
- Jeff Howe reports on the Patriots' re-signing of Aqib Talib to a one-year contract.
- Field Yates reveals the contract details for Leon Washington and Donald Jones.
- Christopher Price profiles five remaining free agents who might fit with the Pats.
- Field Yates examines the Pats' earlier interest in Greg Jennings.
- Mike Reiss notes Ryan Wendell earned an additional $179,907 as part of the NFL's performance-based pay system in 2012.
- Karen Guregian checks in from Phoenix AZ where the NFL's annual meetings are set to begin this week.
- Tom E. Curran tells us what's on the agenda for the NFL owners meetings in Arizona.
- Ron Borges drinks a full glass of snark before reporting from the NFL annual owners' meetings, which he says is more of a celebratory post-CBA victory lap than a convention.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Brandon Lloyd was released yesterday, before the Pats had to pay him a $3M option bonus; Pats wanted to restructure, but Lloyd wasn't willing to meet their demands; Recap of Pats' moves so far in free agency; More.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) NFL free agency Day 5: New England Patriots stay busy.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Talib opts for one-year-bet-on-self approach with Pats.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: NFC West an emerging powerhouse after first week of free agency.
- James Walker (ESPN) Brandon Lloyd out for Patriots, Sanders in?
- Gerry Dulac (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette) Steelers' Emmanuel Sanders hasn't signed offer sheet with New England Patriots, despite national reports.
- Adam Schefter (Twitter) League source adamant New England never made an offer to WR Greg Jennings.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) Elvis Dumervil looked at by Ravens, Patriots, Titans.
- James Walker (ESPN) Patriots put Danny Amendola in tough spot.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Dunn claims Pats didn't want Welker.
- AP Report (SI) Patriots make flurry of moves to bolster defense.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Depressed free-agency market could make Cruz more inclined to wait.
- Dan Pompei (Nat'l Football Post) NFP Sunday Blitz: Winners from free agency and all the latest NFL talk.
- Pat Kirwan (CBS Sports) 2013 NFL free agency: How 5 key guys should fit clubs' plans.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) NFL free agency: The top remaining players.
- Don Banks (SI) Which non-playoff teams helped themselves the most?
- Staff Report (Pro Football Weekly) 2013 AFC free-agent moves, by team.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Matt Forte rips "absurd suggestion of a rule change".
- John Clayton (ESPN) Time to get the 'tuck' out of here; Mailbag.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Chad Johnson is on the comeback trail.
- Joe Fortenbaugh (Nat'l Football Post) Super Bowl odds reboot. Patriots stay at 5/1.
- Alex Gelhar (NFL.com) The NFL's luckiest plays. Guess which play is No. 6?